why are all of you NOT bodybuilders?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by KingGargantuan, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

you'd think that you'd want to look good as well as feel good right?

why are most of you now concerned with power and not development

you all will probably say that is your main focus is to look good as well, but I am not blind, I am reading your posts...so don't try and bullshit me.

2. Tranquili-G

Tranquili-G Guest

i know a lot of bodybuilders that are stronger than most plers

:mamoru:

3. khari

khari Guest

It's fun, that's why.

4. DieselWeasel

DieselWeasel Guest

I want to be strong, not look strong.

5. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

"strength"

this isn't applying to PLers in general...moreover the bandwagon of power on this board

6. Tranquili-G

Tranquili-G Guest

Fun? being fat is fun?

now let the plers on here post a picture of marius pudz...:rofl:

7. Tranquili-G

Tranquili-G Guest

:hsugh:

is the real dieselweasel?

8. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

i'm training partially for the aesthetic appeal (hey, i'm a college guy), but considering i spend 90% of the time in the squat rack doing squats/box squats/deadlifts/sldl/negative deadlift/rack pulls/shrugs/rows i wouldn't say i'm there to work out my beach muscles.

i run track, and missed out on this season because of a fractured ankle. next year i'm hoping to be squating near 500 by the time fall rolls around and pulling 550 or so. 7 or 8 months to raise my DL by 200 and squat by 230 or so. gonna be rough.

9. khari

khari Guest

Who said anything about being fat?

10. DieselWeasel

DieselWeasel Guest

No, I'm an imposter. :rolleyes:

11. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

I'm a bodybuilder and plan to compete sometime this century. To me being strong is just a plus. Looking the part is most of it.

12. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

:ugh: Dude you're the last mother fucker that should talk, you work out a few times a year, and then come on here and post shit like this, give me a break.

13. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

then lift raw an lose the equipment...sorry but if your gonna be strong with raw power then your gonna end up big or at least some muscle more then average.

14. PurEvl

Heres the simple answer....its easier to be fat an strong...its not easy to be in great shape an strong...PERIOD...anyone can argue it but they 're kidding themselves. I dont care if Pl'ers are fat fucks as long as they dont try to put me down, they're ok in my book. Truthfully Pl'ers have a better mentality then BB'ers because we are ego maniacs most of the time, they are in it for the same love i am...just different outcomes. Now if this was to relate to f&n....well there are no real high level Pl'ers and it is a huge fucking bandwagon for people who dont want to do what it takes in either sport. If you pushing records, competing in big Pl'er shows then ya you dont really have to look a certain way since your proving yourself. Either sport is a fucking underground cult...but the reason why people bandwagon Pl'ing more is because when a 180lb kid says hes a BB'er he will get fucking laughed off the planet. If he says hes a Pl'er its accepted since they hardly look the part in lower weight classes. Unless your 5'2 180 with low bf your not gonna get any attention saying your a BB'er under 200

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  15. PurEvl

nathan your neither so why are you getting upset over it? You're a typical gym rat lifter who looks have way decent? Why are you pissed...hes not addressing you what so ever? Its a simple question to start a thread...and ya im sure it will awhile.

Just keep the flaming down..unless your A) homo BB'er like me B)a huge fat Pl'er dont let it bother you

16. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

At the point where I'm at I wouldn't classify myself as either. I'm more "guy who wants to be strong and look good." I don't plan on competing ever, and if i did it'd be for shits and giggles.

If i had to... i'd say bodybuilder, because I don't eat donuts, and that's a must for every powerlifter.

17. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

First of all he's addressing everyone who's as he puts it " NOT A BODYBUILDER " so yes, he is addressing me, and secondly I assume you mean half way, not have way, and thirdly I'm pissed because he has no reason to bring it up when HE'S not a bodybuilder either by any stretches of the imagination, NOR is he trying to be one, people who are trying to become bodybuilders don't take YEARS off at a time.

18. PurEvl

Also im old school and certainly dont go with the flow of you kids...so the way i see it

If you compete in Pl'ing your a pl'er
    If you comepte in BB'ing your a BB"er
    If you lift weights, try to eat alot, goto the gym alot but will or wont compete...you dont get a title. Your a gym rat...

You guys want a title then compete an earn it..IMO

19. emanuel

emanuel OT Supporter

i'm following arnold's bodybuilding routine very strictly.

20. DieselWeasel

DieselWeasel Guest

I've only been using my suit with the straps up for my top set when I deadlift, rack pull and soon to be squat too.

21. PurEvl

actually the title didnt sink in until you pointed it out...it needs to be reworded...there are bo BB'ers herr except dunken an me as far as im concerned. And gnp, jegs, peal (Sorry whoever i forget) are the only Pl'ers, the rest of em are gym hobbiest...which there is nothing wrong with it.

When i stop competeing...i will address questions as "When i used to be a" ....

22. PurEvl

please dont think i was bashing you either, i know its the name of the game for Pl'ers and your just trying to stay competitive with them. Im glad you doing it the way you are...you will be that much stronger without it.

23. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

Part of the problem comes down to what you consider a bodybuilder and what you consider a powerlifter.

Are the definitions simple powerlifters want to be strong, bodybuilders want to look good? I want both, so where does that leave me? Does competing matter or not? Can you be a hobbyist bodybuilder or powerlifter?

Honestly it doesn't really matter. There isn't much difference between the two until you're at a pretty advanced level. If i have to have a title i'll take your suggestion and go with gym rat.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  24. DieselWeasel

DieselWeasel Guest

Yeah, I don't want the suit to be a crutch.

25. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

word

i lack the patience and willpower it takes to even begin thinking about being a bodybuilder. i don't lift to look good in front of other people either, i lift because it's something i enjoy doing. getting bigger and stronger gives me motivation to not sit on my ass all day doing nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.