A&P Why are all my macros really blurry?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ozzy, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

I'm using a Samsung Digimax 301 and all my macro attempts end up like this...

[​IMG]

The exposure is set to 0.0?? and the flash was off. I'm a newb to digital photography :(

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster New Member

Give it more time to focus. Your camera can not focus on something that close, or your not giving it enough time to focus.

www.graphic-forums.com

3. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

out of focus. looks like you're way too close to the battery.

look up your manual's min focus distance, make sure you do have a focus lock before taking the photo, and use a tripod unless the light is plentiful.

you can't just use any camera to take a macro shot, some won't do it. i dunno what your camera's min focus distance is so you'll have to look it up.

4. Dr. Josh

Dr. Josh it's ok - i'm a doctor OT Supporter

Were you zoomed in all the way? If so, don't be. Put it all the way out, then try taking it.

5. WyteAnjal

WyteAnjal New Member

Check your digital camera. See if there is a setting for close up pictures. Usually it will be a symbol of a tulip or something. Then you can get a closer and clearer picture. Check on your digital camera display screen before you shoot. There you should be able to see if the picture will be sharp or blurry.

6. Dr. Josh

Dr. Josh it's ok - i'm a doctor OT Supporter

I agree with him. Also, check your manual, and it should tell you your macro setting (how far you have to be). It should have one for wide and tele. You want the wide, have the camera set on macro and that far from whatever it is, and then let it focus before you take the picture.