MIL Why am I still here?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RoAcH CoAcH, May 20, 2009.

1. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

check out this FML shit

i'm 5 days from shipping off to boot camp and some police report mysteriously pops up where a police officer states that I am "Epileptic".

So I put in a supplemental police report and go get tested for epilepsy... Negative.

The best part, I can't re enlist for 90 days.

Bright side, I have a good job and a hot girlfriend so I get to make money and fuck her for 3 more months.

Plus sides professionally: I got my BA, which means officer school, which I know nothing about except some people say it's a good and some don't. 2 I know I got screwed out of a signing bonus first round. 3 can change my MOS to infantry

2. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

wow. I would be pissed.

3. Julius

Julius Guest

:rofl: what the fuck

4. evan2

evan2 Guest

Why would you want to go into infantry when you have your ba now?

Doh

5. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

go for some butter bars

sorry to hear about your luck.

6. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

DO NOT GO INFANTRY!!!!!!!!! fuck do some super pouge job and if you like it, then switch over to infantry. the transistion will be alot easier.

7. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

accord pre infantry "fuck yea, this was meant for me. infantry all the way. pogues can suck a dick. america, fuck yea. bitches will be on my cock. men in blues are the greatest gifts from god.

accord post infantry" FML. i aint reenlisting in this shithole. All the nco's can suck a fat black dick and kill themselves. my life is meserable right now. i'm doing one more tour in the sandbox and i getting the fuck out. to everyone thinking about joining infantry, dont but instead join the air force.

8. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

Infantry > *

everyone else is just jealous

9. burn__

burn__ New Member

what the fuck, that would piss me off so bad

10. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

:bowrofl: When I first came signed up, I wanted infantry. Glad my recruiter didn't want me doing that, and glad my pops didn't sign the PC unless I picked something else besides 03xx. :wiggle:

11. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

combat arms ftw. Bunch of slack jawed faggots in here

12. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

my time in the Marine Corps got me promoted in the civilian world faster. There was an opening for a manager position, for experience I just put down '6 years in the Marines, Sgt Leader/Plt Sgt etc blah blah' yea I got it. You can learn to be a technician at ITT or something other shitty school, come learn about life in the infantry.

13. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

Before I reply to all your posts bare in mind I have questions for all you

Oh yeah. That day, Sgt Major made me do an IST and was all "fuck yeah i'm proud of you" which i've NEVER heard anything positive from him EVER. Then I get the call like 2 hours later. I immediately go to the liquor store. My going away party was 2 days later

Yeah. They have a new 10 days before ship off check now and it turned out we were missing some paperwork and in that paperwork happened to be a police report that meant NOTHING except what he wrote in there.

Read below this is what I have questions about

Yeah it sucks, but it's not over, I was just so read mentally and physically to get boot camp out of the way

Yeah i've heard equal good and bad feedback. I liked the idea of Motor T because all the 3500's i've seen get promoted QUICK

haha same story with my recruiter's brother. He signed up for infantry, then got a phone call from him in Iraq begging him to get him out. lol

I always wanted to be a bad ass motherfuckers and grunts are bad ass motherfuckers

oh yeah. The worst part is back working in an office counting down the hours. No action. No formal respect.

I was like "fuck infantry" when I first joined. I made extra sure I was not frontlining whatsoever

Yes this is a major factor in why I wanted infantry, beside the experience.

Now for my questions regarding Officer school

Like I mentioned a few times, I was rushed into signing the contract. I found out I got screwed out of a signing bonus, I lost a lot of MOS options because I didn't pay some surcharge on my license. And my recruiter didn't mention SHIT about being an officer.

I have a BA and am qualified, but what are the benefits? How is the quality of the job?

I've heard mixed opinions left and right. But at my "going away" party my family invited a lot of military including a vet named Doug who served in all branches who told me officer is what I need to be doing. I showed up late so we didn't have much time to talk, but i'm not even sure what the responsibilities of an officer are and, like I said, how it will benefit my military career.

Oh and I appreciate no one flamin me itt. I 90% expected it :wavey:

14. evan2

evan2 Guest

That can be said about most jobs in the military. You were brain washed or are just stupid to believe that you would only get promoted due to being infantry.

Sorry guys but your job sucks and offers little technical skill in the outside world. You will try to knock support people in the military but when it comes down to it without them your life would suck even more.

15. evan2

evan2 Guest

You sir can soak up bullets anytime instead of me....not jealous

16. evan2

evan2 Guest

Um wait so you havent been sworn in? You are saying you are being screwed on your contract? So get the fuck out of it, you havent been sworn in tell them you changed your mind and want to go the officer route.

Be smart and join the Air Force.

Infantry might make you feel and think you are a bad ass mofo but at the end of the day you are just a grunt that does what he is told.

Use the degree and become an officer, trust me the outside world would look a lot better, you are in a much higher pay grade and you have more power.

Why start at the bottom when you can already start over all of the enlisted? Keep in mind a 20plus year e7-e9 to me is worth more than some dumb shit new Lt.

17. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

I swore in January 23rd. I got disqualified because of the police report, thus the 90 day re enlistment window.

I don't want to be a grunt just to be a bad ass motherfucker, I joined to serve my country and follow in the footsteps of all the military vets in my family.

I'm not in this to advance my civilian career, and I have the highest respect and love for the USMC. Not that I don't have any less respect for any other branch. Marine Corps is where I feel I belong.

I always wanted to be a pilot, and I originally planned to join USAF years ago, but my eyesight is bad and i'll never get to do what I want in USAF.

You gave me exactly the information I was seeking as far as becoming an officer, and that is what i'm going to do.

I would just like some more information as far as responsibilities of an officer.

PS, i'm about experience and seeing things most American will never see. I don't want to go fight in Afghanistan because it's the cool thing to do. Just not many people can say been there done that you know? From all feedback, videos news, it sucks pretty bad, but there is something more gratifying to gain from it.

I'm not experienced beyond being a reservist, so i don't want to give off the idea I know what i'm talking about, but I hope some of that made sense to you.

18. midnite

midnite OT Supporter

Keep in mind you dont just sign up to be an officer like if you enlist. You have to submit an application and be selected before you even go to officer school. However since you have a Bachelors Degree and may not need to go in the military right now as you say you have a decent job, I would go the officer route.

19. burn__

burn__ New Member

my officer packet took 12-13 months from start to finish (for the army). started around march/april 2008 (originally a warrant packet, but the information is the same), and was just accepted about a month ago. so if you decide to go the officer route, be prepared for more waiting.

20. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

just from your posts on here, I hope the USMC officer process is really good at weeding people out

21. raand

raand New Member

I went to Basic straight out of high school and thought the experience was life changing.. Now that I am finishing up my BS and done with ROTC I will be commissioning in December, all I can say is that the military needs officers too and if you are going into a reserve or NG unit or even onto Active Duty, any military experience looks killer on a resume. Being an officers looks even better when it comes to leadership and management. All Military experience will help you get a job when it comes to leadership.

As for infantry.... Good luck, but I personally chose the route of Military Police as an enlisted soldier and now I am commissioning in Signal. But for me that just made sense my BS will be in Computer engineering.

Good Luck! and the police report shit is Bull... I would find that officer and thank him for possibly messing up your future or putting it on hold at least....

22. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

I've said this before and I'll say it again, nothing counts until the day you actually swear in AT Boot Camp. Delayed Entry at MEPS doesn't mean shit, you can change anything you want right up until the moment you get on the airplane to fly to Boot Camp.

23. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

The most marketable period in an officer's career to switch to the private sector is as a combat arms officer immediately following company command time. I'll let you figure out exactly why. I've got PFCs signed for more equipment than most pogues will ever see in their life. You're job doesn't make you more marketable in the private sector. I've got tankers that understand more about networks than our BN commo guys. The only shit the military teaches you is exactly what it needs you to know and nothing else.

24. RoAcH CoAcH

RoAcH CoAcH Guest

Well I didn't want to tl;dr too much, but this is the same report that was found to be in error by my lawyer and almost got my license suspended. First off, it's the officer's dumbass fault, second it's my dumbass fault for not checking to make sure everything was covered.

A lawsuit would be too much time and money for me right now, but I would like to see that officer get disciplined if not terminated for basically wasting 6-7 months of my time.

Now that I just thought about how long that is, he definitely should get terminated.

I see. Well i'm not going into the military as a job. I'm going to serve my country. My company will always have me back, especially with more leadership experience. On top of that, I could probably find a better paying career when I finish.

Really, wow. My question is, while you are waiting for approval, you can be active duty, correct? Or would this be a time where I would have to work a civilian job? I'm seriously ignorant to all of this.

I'm a douchebag troll on OT. I met up with an airman "that other forum", and we were hanging out playing with guns and drinking and shit. I never tell anyone on the other forum who I am on OT because of the douchebag trolling and shit. When I told him who I was on OT he was like "man you're fucking roach coach? I wanted to fucking kill you everytime I read one of your posts"

We are very good friends, if that means anything to you.

Awesome. Yeah I can't wait for the day I get to add my military service to my resume.

The officer's name is Hughes and he goes on duty at 7 pm :o Motherfucker is going down!

Thanks for your service and also good luck to you

Oh, I didn't understand what you were talking about.

I was probably the kind of reservist that annoys the fuck out of you. I was all motivated wearing my USMC shit like I actually was something to anyone in the military. After a few weeks I realized people were just facepalming at me.

Thank God the recruiter forgot to give me poolie dog tags lol

25. burn__

burn__ New Member

i submitted my packet as a civilian, so i was still working my same job. if you enlisted, then after the required wait time you could submit your packet from the inside while you were active duty.