SRS Why am I so messed up?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Jan 5, 2008.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

I have this problem where I need to be intoxicated atleast 4 times a week. i'm not addicted to any one substance just the feeling.

My moods always change. one minute i feel like i'm on top of the world. I can get any girl i want and make money and be happy the next minute I feel like complete crap and think i'm going to fail.

Most of the time i only get the good confident moods rarely.

my life is getting some what better (still alot of let downs) But i'm still unhappy.

Sometimes I think its genetics because my cousins are like this too.

I've been to doctors and therapy. meds dont help therapy helps alittle bit.

2. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

you're an alcoholic

3. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Who are you seeing for therapy and what meds did you take ? Do you have a diagnosis ?

4. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

only you can take control of your life. you own it, you get what you put into it

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle *lube'n up the shock paddles*

Pull yourself up by your boots straps mentality.

Psychologist don't believe in this. :hs:

6. whatever

whatever OT Supporter

You have an addiction. its the feeling of NOT feeling.

You're avoiding some issue in life and this is causing you to cycle between moods due to the in-stability created from not feeling dur half the week.

7. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

A psychologist will only try to drug you. If you need someone to talk to, sure go to one and vent..take control of your life like the others have posted above..that's the wisest advise you'll get. When you start to get depressed try to recognize the emotion and change it.

8. interpol

interpol you can't spell basement without semen

way easier said than done
    psychologists have been useless for me

9. PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising New Member

Once upon a time ago.. like say close to 25 years. I was an Addict. Not to any particular drug, but Alcohol, Dope, Acid were my favorites. What cured me was finding something that I loved to do and realizing that I had to Choose what was important in my life. In my case I joined the military with a job specialty, but no real direction and got involved in testing and troubleshooting Jet Engines. At the end of my first hitch with the military getting tough on drugs and a zero tolerance policy I realized that I had to make a choice in what was important in my life so I just quit. Since that time I've completed a 20 year military career and am now 6 years into my second career in the power industry. The bottom line is you need to find something you love or have a passion for and in your heart realize that for you to have the things in in life you really want you have to make the change within. No one else or no thing can do that for you.. Therapists, Meds... all a bunch of phooey.. You have to take responsibility and want it for yourself and the first step is realizing that you're better than that! If you want to talk one on one feel free to drop me a line, But please do something as everyone has it in them to change.. you just have to want it bad enough.

10. BritishHumpingWitch

BritishHumpingWitch New Member

Could be a mood disorder or could be something under Cluster B Personality Disorders: Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic & Narcissistic.

If you feel talk therapy works for you, then I'd suggest to continue. It will more than likely take you a while to open up, but if you're consistent, you will benefit from this and see and feel an improvement over time.
    If your therapist (and I would suggest seeing a Psychologist), feels you need to go on medication as well, he or she will talk this over with you and refer you to a Psychiatrist or your local Physician to prescribe meds for you.

Good luck.

11. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i think i'm going to ask my psychiatrist for testing and find out exactly whats wrong with me

12. Yuppy

thats kuz they are mostly liberals.

13. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

You can't change the foundations upon which their lives were built just by telling people to take control and try harder.

14. Yuppy

maybe, maybe not, but sometimes people need to strengthen themselves too. they cant just let someone else do it for them.