Why am I hungry at night (after eating adjustments)

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Renegade, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

For 2 days now I stopped eating junk in between meals and I have about 3 meals a day

Typical Day since Ive been trying to reduce my caloric intake would be something like:
    banana and watermelon in the morning
    lunch: roast beef sub with lettuce and tomato on wheat bread
    In between lunch and dinner some pretzels and an apple
    dinner: chicken, pasta

I am 5 foot 8 and 162 lbs.

Why is it a few hours after my dinner I get hungry again? Is it bad to go to bed hungry?

Also how important is water dealing with weight loss, I know the sticky says its important but if I drink a gallon of water vs 128 fl oz a day would it make such a difference for weight loss?

2. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

You are hungry because it looks like you are eating ~2000 calories/day.

3. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

What he said ^^^^

Anytime you decrease what you eat, your body will be looking for the extra calories. It's possible that over time your body will adjust and you at least won't be as hungry. Going to sleep hungry is better than going with a full stomach.

Water is crucial. Make sure you're getting enough.

4. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Thanks, so it doesnt matter if I am hungry at night in terms of health wise? For my size and age it says to maintain current weight I need to have 2267 calories a day and 1767 calories a day to lose one pound per week. I figure if I have like 1800-2000 calories a day and then do the elliptical for 45 min a day 4 times a week with weighttraining 2-3 times a week then I can lose the weight. Once I lose the weight I want I should go back to my normal caloric intake correct?

I think I have been gaining fat because I used to eat a pint of half baked ben and jerry ice cream a week for a month or so.

5. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

Yes, you can go back to your normal intake, provided they are with foods healthier than junk food.

Don't get me wrong, it's not great to be hungry, no matter what time of day it is. For some people (including myself), it's not practical to eat every couple of hours. I don't eat anything after 8pm, so if I get too hungry before I go to bed it just means I'm not eating enough throughout the day. Not a problem since I'm in cut mode right now, but once I'm off that I'll have to take notice if I'm hungry late in the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.