whos the loudest here?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bumpnSdime, Oct 9, 2002.

1. bumpnSdime

bumpnSdime Guest

im workin on my system now.... i been workin on it all season...

im gonna be runnin

Kenwood eXcelon KDC x817
    Adire Audio Kodas 6.1 - waitn for money
    need component amp
    Adire Audio Brahma 15 - ordered
    Orion XTR 900.2 - will be soon replaced by a Revolution 1500.1

once i get it.... ill get her metered

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

you need more power

3. 04

04 Guest

I can probably hit over 130dB with my Stryke Sae1204 with 200w going to it! :bigthumb:

4. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Axilrod is prob one of the loudest here. And why'd you waste your money on a Brahama. You could have gotten a RE XXX or DD 9512 something worth the money and that could handle crazy power. Most people use the Brahama for SQ i wouldnt expect to put more than 1600w on it. Just my .02cent :big grin:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2002
  5. Audiophile

Audiophile boom boom

im owned by bumpnSdime's setup (if he gets it all)

my set up isn't really anything special but it bumps

Head Unit - Alpine CDE 7870
    Front - JL Audio VR 5.25"
    Rear - JL Audio TR 5 x 7"
    Sub Amp - JL Audio 500/1
    Subs - 2 12" JL Audio w3v2's

let me know what you think, i know im workin on amping the coaxils (or buying the Adire Koda's)

6. bumpnSdime

bumpnSdime Guest

i alrdy had RE in my car......... and DD's prices went up.....
    plus i wanted something different.... i post at www.termpro.com and really all i see over there is RE and DD....

7. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i used to have 2 shocker2s 12s and a D2
    kdc ps 909
    sony es one ohm drive
    audio control crossover

now that im not doing the spl thing any more i have one idmax
    arc cxl 2500
    brax 4 chn amp
    brax componets up front
    pio deh 8400 deck and other assorted shit

8. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

I post at Termpro quite frequently.

Im about to by a 12" Quad RE HC pretty soon. My buddy has 2 12" XXXs they bairly move with 1200watt on them even. We even put 1 sub on the amp for awhile thing still didnt move it could have easily took 2kw with no trouble at all.

If your happy with Brahama then thats all that matters. Do have any pics of your install?

9. bumpnSdime

bumpnSdime Guest

whats your termpro name????

waiting for the trees to turn a little more in color...... cause i wanna do pics of my truck too

10. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i got banned form termpro there a bunch of nazis anyway

11. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

My name is xdshrx on termpro :big grin: What's ures?

Sometimes the mods on termpro are pretty :greddy: about various thing, especially bashing a product. They made people take down their sigs if they were bashing a product :rolleyes:

12. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

I've done as high as 150.8 with 1 9512, I got 1 9515 now, and i'm doing a lil electrical, work, and this box is going to take a while, but I got lots of time because I dont get my license back until February. It's hard to say right now, but this will probably do 151-153, but it's going to take a lot of R&D and a ton of trial and error. We did 8 different boxes for the 9512, ranging anywhere from 2.5 cubes to 5.5 cubes and anywhere from 40 sq inches of port to 120 sq inches of port, and tuning frequencies anywhere from 30 hz to 45 hz, with numbers ranging from low 145s to 150.8. Oh well, I'll keep on rebuilding and selling until I'm happy, but I got rid of the CVA-1005, now I have some spare cash for another HU, but I dont know what I want right now, mainly because I'm getting a new car, and I dont know if I want to put the time into the lude right now. And if anyone wonders how I got so much time on the meter, I worked at a car stereo shop and we spent many many months in the shop getting this right. Oh yeah, we got a majestic 10 and a power acoustik amp to do a 138:fawk:

IBBullshit

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2002
  13. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Sound Pro is pretty :greddy: They had a lot of idiots working their my friend and i went up their with 2k bsing them about building a fiberglass box. They actually asked why he wanted a complete fiberglass box and it would take 2 months for them to build and he told us some other bs that i cant rember :rofl:

14. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i was flynfrog on termpro but tis been 2 years since i got banned havent been back

i was on sounddomain for 2 years then i got glitched then i found this place

15. bumpnSdime

bumpnSdime Guest

my name is shawb0y at termpro....

plus whoever is sayin the brahma is used for only SQ..... take a look at some of the installs at on the adire page.... theres a guy on there doind 150's with a brahma 15 and 1500 watts......

16. Faygo

Faygo Got any room in your pocket for a little spare Cha

My current daily driver did a 149.8 at the last show it went to. My competition vehicle next year will have two Shocker III 18"s and either 2 or four D2s.

17. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

Steve and Marshall can do amazing stuff, they just dont kiss peoples asses like audio concepts does to get jobs.

18. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Some of the install pics Sound Pro has are pretty bad ass. Their cool people tho and helpful.

Audio Concepts isnt half bad they tried to force my friend to buy 2 Memphis 1000Ds for his XXX's. The owner is cool he let me and my friends listen the system in the Astro Van with the 12W7 with 2kw on it, dam thing was even loud one bit. Another day they had a 2000 Extended Tacoma with 3 Kicker 15's and 3 KX1200.1s doing a 159.3 certified it was a cops truck to top it off.

19. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

I know which tacoma you're talking about, to give you an Idea, I did a 141 on 2 different meters and did a 147 on theirs, their shit is reading high. The Tacoma we did had 4 orion XTR Pro 15s and 2 Orion Beasts and they were sealed and that did like a 156, and I'm sure it looked better. Audio concepts used to have a bad ass staff, but the longest any of their people have been installing is 2, 2 1/2 years, steve has been at sound pro for 8 and marshall for 4.

20. jeremyd

jeremyd Guest

55's in street, high 60's in SS

Do a search on termpro.......

We've got 3 team ates going to DB Drag finals this year as well as a couple going to MECA finals....

21. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

I've heard their meter has been off up to 10db+. Yah i like to go to shops when people actually know what the hell their talking about. The owners son at Audio Concepts was like why would a company make a quad coil sub and he couldnt understand why the impendence was 1.2omhs~. He's never seen a real sub in his life.

Hopefully some one will have a small comp soon.

22. Axilrod

Axilrod Guest

They just worship the W7s, they talked about them forever, and at that Godfather show people were doing ridiculous numbers, and I know someone that used to work there, he was the best box builder they've ever had, and he told me that he has seen Troy (son of owner) turn up the meter when a customer comes to pick up their stereo and see what it will do. It's kinda funny because these people go to shows and get shut down. He had never heard of Digital Designs either.

23. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Yah they do think that the W7 are the greatest subs every built. When me and my buddy brett were talking to Troy about RE he said he had never heard of them which was obvious he was amazed. Some of the shops are too hooked on Mainstream stuff ie. Kicker RF etc........they need to give some other subs a chance to sell in their shops the prices are just as competitive. DD is much more popular than RE for an owner not to know about Digital Designs is redicilous they should be in tune with the Car Audio of today.

I went to Godfathers show I missed the comp. I saw some people showing off most had W7's, L7's, nothing in the 160's from what i saw. Some people told me that some of the scorces got up to the mid 160's. Me personally i couldn't see myself buying subs or anything from any local shop around here cause :dunno: