A&P Who's interested in paying to rent a Pro color calibrator for their LCD/CRT???

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ittech, Apr 8, 2005.

1. ittech

ittech "If You're Not Part of the Solution, There's Good OT Supporter

Ok OT photography people...

As a serious amatuer and member of OT Canon no "L" no care crew...

I have decided to forego a 10-22 EFS lens in favor of a Color Calibrator, and a 50mm 1.4 Prime... Both brand new.

So that's like $650 out the door :o

This is the calibrator:

http://www.xrite.com/documents/literature/en/L11-132_MonacoOPTIXXR_en.pdf

I got the Pro edition, 5 system license. This should do up to 5 separate systems and make them as close as possible to accurate, as well as give them uniform luminance.

It's not here yet and I haven't personally used it yet but it's supposed to be very good, much better than the lacie puck...

I'm wondering who is interested in renting it for a charge.

I'm not sure how much, but suggestions would be welcome as to what you would pay if interested.

I would obviously need to cover 2-way FedEx Express shipping with Insurance for $400 valuation. There would be a prepaid return with a specific date for shipping.

I could also save a bit by having the unit come with a few shipping labels to follow a "chain" then return to me.

Depends on the interest and the $$ whether it's worth the risk to me.

If any of you are local I could do your system for a beer, but there is risk in me sending this around, so I won't do it for cost.

Ideally if I could pay for it by renting it that would be worth the risk for sure.

so post away! I may also require Blue Orbness for fazle :hug:

2. ittech

on a slightly offtopic note, I just realized that's about as much as a Rebel XT body only...

damn... I really don't need 2 bodies though...

3. mojito

mojito New Member

I'd be in, but no idea on price to charge. Its only good for 5 systems total? I wouldn't have a problem not registering it, but I have a feeling it requires it.

4. ittech

I will check it out...

As far as I can tell, it has onboard ram to store and compare/synchronize 5 systems.

As long as it isn't write once memory, which I highly doubt, and would be pretty pissed off about I think it'll work fine.

As for pricing, cost of shipping plus $20-40 sounds fair to me, but it kind of depends on how many people want to run it and if it's possible.

5. sony

sony Active Member

Damn you live far away. :sad2:

I might be interested. I think Profoto Irvine rents calibration devices for 20 day/wknd but I'm not sure. How has it worked out for you so far?

6. Toogy

Toogy New Member

I'd be interested, does it do LCD screens?