MMA whoa judo gif

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

2. teep

teep New Member

3. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

assimilated to my list of techniques

4. Searcher

Searcher New Member

That looks cumbersome at best....

5. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

The guy on the right wasn't doing it proper anyway. I guess they were probably purposely doing that, but he didn't put his hips in to give no space and he moved his upperbody in first :nono:. Guy on the left, left no space like the first guy should have.

Sick though.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  6. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

7. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

So uh, in judo, which guy just won? The guy that first threw or the guy that countered?

8. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

i belive the guy that controlled on the way down (doing the throw) and it dosent matter who gets the actual positioning on the ground once the ippon is already called. i dont do judo though so... :dunno:

9. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

I think what the second guy did is an actual throw though

10. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

on the top one yes, but i think he was talking about the one he quoted :hsugh:

11. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

which is why judo is up there with capoeira when it comes to martial arts that will never successfully translate to real world combat because you trade dominant positions for showy tosses, and that's if you're lucky and the guy you're being attacked by is wearing a gi

12. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Hi guys, proper Judoka here Atmospheres .gif is nothing you would really see in a proper judo comp. No one would go for a Seoi Nage with that much room between the two players. Also it is the asian guy (the guy who countered the throw) who won

Secondly SCirones pic is a very nice drop Ippon Seoi Nage. It is amazing to watch such judo if you understand the mechanics of what is going on. Much like bjj to the untrained eye it looks boring and gay, but when you train in it, it looks fucking awesome when you understand what the players are doing (and even when you have no idea what they are doing, but still manage to do something amazing.

Finally
    I think you just want me to take the bait, cause i have discussed judo in another forum, and if you think judo is useless i want you to go and take on some black belts at your local judo club. (Glups the bait) Another misconception is that judo people train in the gi all the time, there are some no gi lessons throughout the year, which teach you how to change your grips for use without the gi.

Finally the reason it is easier to roll out of a throw when you have thrown someone is so you don't fucking hurt yourself. It is a lot safer and easier to roll out of a throw, rather than landing ontop of someone, cause that shit hurts. Not as much as the person being thrown, but you might get a broken rib or something that is better avoided.

Judo guys train in the throws. and these guys will toss you like a rag doll without a problem, and some ground work. Which is much more applicable than bjj (just training in ground fighting and hardly any throws). However i get the best of both worlds as i train Judo and BJJ

13. kroneX

kroneX New Member

14. yesitisyellow

yesitisyellow New Member

That last throw is absolutely brutal.

15. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

my opinion has been changed:o

16. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Sorry to bite your head off man, but as a Judo player (and training for MMA) I get pretty upset about these comments.

17. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

I'm very new to training in MMA, but my coach is very fond of some Judo throws and sweeps from the clinch (sorry if those aren't the right terms). And that highlight video kicks ass. Some cool moves I'll try next session (flying armbar, anyone?! :p)

18. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

:bowdown: to all the Gifs in this thread.

19. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Woot for unappreciated judo getting some attention!

20. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

To be honest, as a wrestler, none of that is new to me and I've never touched judo in my life :dunno:

21. kroneX

kroneX New Member

and i have probably seen all your stuff before, but i am guessing we are using different postures, grips and offensive/defensive moves. Just the subtle changes.

Although why don't we see a lot of wrestlers use hip throws like seio nage and stuff?

22. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

Judo teaches leg attacks? I don't recall one during any of the judo olympics that I watched (could be wrong).

There are wrestlers that use hip tosses (don't know wtf seio nage is) but the better wrestlers can take shots to take people down. Throws tend to be more of a desperation thing.

23. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

btw I'm not hating on Judo I think it's cool, I'm just biased as a wrestler as you are a judoka

24. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Judo is huge with the legs, especially Russian style of Judo and Sambo (as opposed to the classic judo of the Japanese, but both are equally good in there own rights).

However in the Olympics going for the legs is seen as desperation, although the Russians love taking the legs, you won't see it as much from the japs. Different cultures have evolved there own styles of judo, the most prononcued being between Russian and Japanese judo

25. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member