whoa condoms suck

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by WOMBUZZ, May 18, 2009.

1. WOMBUZZ

WOMBUZZ New Member

My last girlfriend was on the pill, so we never used condoms.

New girlfriend and I just tried to have sex this past weekend and I seriously couldn't feel ANYTHING through a condom and went limp immediately. It happened twice and now I'm sure its partly a mental block too.

I was using magnum ecstasy condoms (thin apparently) but that didn't really help.

I think most of my problem is not being used to the part in-between foreplay and sex where we decide we're gonna do it, then I get a condom, put it on, and then do the damn thing.

I fucking love my gf and would love to have sex with her...we've been dating for a couple months and I'm psyched that she is finally ready so this is important for me.

***CLIFFS******

problems:
    1. not relaxed enough to get raging boner (I read the sticky threads on this, didn't really tell me anything I didn't know)
    2. condoms suck and I can't feel anything and I hate the time it takes to put them on

2. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Oh jeez, thats a toughy.

If you're sure its the condom, try experimenting with different ones. Or if the SO is going to be there to stay, why not try talking about getting her on BC?

Aside from using different condoms theres not much more you can do. If it is a mental block, just work with it. Keep 'foreplay' going longer, make sure you 'want' to do it (another words, make sure you dont let it end any other way).

As far as the time it takes to put on... thats what ALWAYS killed me. What I learned to do, well, I made the girl(s) do, is put it on with their mouths or using their hands...

Mouth always worked better :o

3. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I've really never understood this problem. It has to be 100% mental. It takes all of 5-10 seconds to put on a condom. I couldn't get my cock to go from hard to flacid that fast if I wanted it to. Sounds to me like you're pushing yourself to be ready before you are.

4. knucks

knucks Active Member

Try some thinner condoms as well?
    Ever since I've discovered Lifestyle Ultra thin, I haven't gone back.

I used regular trojan condoms a few days ago and had trouble, plus my dick hurt afterwards.
    These are the bomb.

5. WOMBUZZ

WOMBUZZ New Member

usually normal condoms are too skinny for my dick, but ill try the ultra thins on to see if they fit anyway...can't hurt

6. WOMBUZZ

WOMBUZZ New Member

you mean not enough foreplay?

7. WOMBUZZ

WOMBUZZ New Member

she's catholic, so I'm apprehensive about suggesting BC. But I do plan on this being long-term.

I'm sure it's mental as far as getting to the point where the condom goes on, but its like after that I would be totally good if I could feel her warmth and wetness on my dick but I can't at all with these gay condoms. I think it's mostly a mental thing though...just need to get more comfortable with her I guess

8. WOMBUZZ

WOMBUZZ New Member

what do you guys think about putting the condom on during foreplay so that when we're ready I can just slip it in?

9. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Eh, only if you can work it 'on' during the foreplay, and not actually stop.

10. knucks

knucks Active Member

well for me, anything that's not thin rolls up..really fucking annoying.

11. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

We use Lifestyles Skyn and like them a lot :dunno: They're polyisoprene instead of latex and we both think they feel a thousand times better.

12. ForgottenSpiral

:eek3: I've used Lifestyles Ultra Thin with Spermicidal Lubricant for years and loved them. I've never heard of Skyn though. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open for them. :bowdown:

13. Lucky Penny

CVS! My favorite store!! They're usually behind the little glass case though, so you have to ask one of the 87 year old ladies to get them for you. Makes my stomach flip every time :rofl:

14. knucks

knucks Active Member

Ugh, I used up my last "good" condom last night, don't remember what brand it was (apart from being "super thin" or maybe "ultra thin") and I can't find any pictures of similar stuff online...

15. ForgottenSpiral

:bowrofl: I can't even imagine my girl buying condoms, let alone asking someone for them. :mamoru:

16. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

It makes me laugh how embarrassed people get over things like that.

17. Lucky Penny

Oh, I get soooo embarrassed. :rofl: I rarely ever do it but sometimes my SO and I will go in to CVS together and he'll dare me to buy them. And if I say no, he'll usually embarrass the shit out of me. It's better to just be compliant. :rolleyes: :mamoru:

18. ForgottenSpiral

:bowrofl: Excellent idea...

19. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Are you putting it on? Let her put it on you.

20. Dargone

Dargone Noob

Yeah, condoms do blow (pun intended). Especially once you are used to bareback. My exes have almost all been on the pill so I know where you are coming from. My current girlfriend and I had to use condoms for a couple of months and I fucking hated it. She's using the IUD now and my penis is much happier. We did use lamb skin condoms for awhile and those are much, much better than latex. However, they do not protect from STIs, only pregnancy. It sounds like you are in a committed relationship and only worried about pregnancy though. Another option is spermicide, however some girls have reactions to it.

21. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

Aren't BC pills a major cause of cancers among women?

22. Lucky Penny

That's a question that has a pretty loaded answer.. short answer: the current belief is no, though there is a lot of research still being done. There are some types of pills that lower the risk of some cancers but heighten the risk of others. There are several types of pills that women with risk factors should stay away from.

Many women are on the pill for years and never have any complications.

23. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

This, but then again, there is a side effect for EVERY drug out there, so its not like its the only one in the bunch.

But :ugh: about making her to go on BC because you don't like condoms. There are A LOT Of things that happen on BC with girls. I have a hard time loosing weight and I gain it fast if I am not careful. A lot of girls react bad and have bad mood swings. Some have a lot of bleeding before it settles out.

24. Lucky Penny

and

For some women, it's just not worth it. :hs:

25. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I just hate how most guys are like, oh I don't like condoms(something VERY SIMPLE to use) and tell the girl its her job to get on BC. Then if anything happens and there is pregnancy scare or whatnot, its the girls fault for the bc not working right. :ugh:

Suck it up and use the condoms.