MMA who would win between Mach Sakurai vs. Karo Parisyan?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

if Mach shot up to 170 again of course

also, what's Mach's judo background?

2. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Id say Karo would win that one. (just based on the Karo fights I've seen, he looks much more impressive than Mach to me)

3. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

Sakurai's judo is good but half the time he loses position when he throws, just watch against hansen and against others. When he throws them he often over rotates or doesn't establish base and then the other guy gets on top.

Karo uses his judo far better, sometimes some of his failed throws are just ploys to establish a different position e.g. failed uchimata to taking the back in the serra fight. Overall I think Karo is a far better mma judoka.

However Sakurai's striking is far and away better than karo's but sakurai's ground game is a lot like lyttle's and karo dominated him from start to finish. karo seems to love putting pressure on guard players with elbows and stacking, towards the end of the lyttle fight he was literally playing with him like plasticine, just squashing him up and then hitting him when he opened up.

I have no idea who would win, i guess it's all about who imposes their will on the other guy. I think i would lean towards karo because Sakurai struggled against crosley and rodrigo and i think karo is better than they are.

4. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i'd want Mach to win though :hs:

if Mach gets the mount, that might be troublesome for Karo

5. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

I'd be more worried about sakurai's striking

Karo sometimes looks unrefined when he grapples but then it just seems to work, like when he stood up from guard against diaz. It was like he was begging for a kick in the head. The same when he got out of north south against lyttle. It just looks ugly but it works and he really seems to have an awesome vale tudo approach to mma. It's just a shame that he doesn't bother sprawling against wrestlers. He made GSP look ineffectual on the ground but at the same time didn't look the same as usual, just sat there getting elbowed from time to time.