GUN Who would of thought, guns kill and why the GCO is awesome

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by thegooch, Jun 3, 2009.

1. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

Backstory

Creekside firing range is arguably the best range in the state of Georgia. Apparently the Bartow County Board of Commisioners are looking to shut it and several other ranges down due to a few unhappy neighbors. The commission had a meeting last night, Georgia Carry.org sends out an email asking for support during the meeting. Hundreds of people show up to support Creekside, etc. The commission makes the recommendation to not pass the amendment. Looney anti's show up, hilarity ensues. The same night Creekside is vandalized.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a brief description of the amendment. They are trying to contriol hours of operation, how many people shoot at one time, the rate of fire that can be shot. They are also trying to change the acreage that you must have, lengths from the property line, madated bullet traps to their specs, and the big one is that no personal protection, law enforcement training, or special tactical shooting skills.

2. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

Too bad they didnt get blasted.

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

'you will loose' :rofl: :rofl:

4. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

That's tight, hope they don't loose. :rofl:

5. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

Clearly the antis are a classy group.

6. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

:werd:

What a bunch of tools.

7. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

They seem legit. :greddy:

8. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

I know I take vandal's opinions seriously.

9. Ticket Me

Ticket Me Active Member

Now their recommendation goes before Bartow County's Sole Commissioner Clarence Brown. He has the ability to ignore the recommendation and enact the zoning ordinance. Sole Commissioner Clarence Brown will be holding a hearing THIS Wednesday (tomorrow) at 10AM at 135 West Cherokee Avenue Cartersville, Ga. 30120. If you can not attend the hearing, please take a little bit of time to contact Sole Commissioner Clarence Brown and express your support for the Bartow County ranges and what they personally mean to you.
    Sole Commissioner Clarence Brown's office number is 770-387-5030 and his fax 770-387-5023.
    As always, make sure to put extra effort into making your contact with Commissioner Brown polite and reasoned.
    Monday night's meeting was packed. People were lined up 2 deep along the walls, 4 deep in the back, and still there were folks in the hallway that wanted in. 90% were pro-Liberty.
    The opposition played up the noise aspect of the dispute. A couple of speakers mentioned fearing that their kids would be hit by a stray bullet. Predominately it was typical Million Mom Marcher ranting, including one lady who screamed in disgust at so many gun owners attending the meeting.
    The good guys mentioned that the range is a safe place to shoot, offers opportunities for training unavailable elswhere, enhances public safety by training LEO/Mil and GFL's, is a safe alternative to private property ranges, is good for the economy, and is wholesome fun for families. Range owner Joe Harris reinforced the point that he has complied with and went beyond every rule that the County has. Joe Harris, Creekside, and other range owners indicated that upon passage of the ordinance, they would have to shut down as the cost of compliance is not achievable.
    In closing the meeting, the Chairman complemented the crowd on our good Behavior (that made a positive impression). Then rest of the commission tried to prove that they weren't truly anti-gun .... "I own a gun" ... "I'm a member of the NRA", etc.
    All in all, a successful day. Now for the next step, please contact Commissioner Brown in support of the ranges of Bartow County.
    It is very encouraging to see what a difference can be made when many people gather together for a cause, but this struggle in Bartow County is not yet over.
    Here is a news article about the meeting. From the article:
    The unanimous vote came after a public hearing that lasted almost two hours in front of a standing-room-only crowd that spilled out from the hearing room into the hall.

10. P-chan

P-chan New Member

Would have been fucking fantastic if someone had been working late at the range and shot some trespassers.

11. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

:rofl:
    Do they realize how bad vandalism makes their cause (or any cause for that matter) look?
    And I like how they really show how serious they are by writing "u" instead of "you". Now we know we're dealing with some real intelligent folks!

Reminds me of this crazy bitch that lived down the road (well over a mile and a half) from the Boy Scout camp I used to work at in New Hampshire. There were dozens of houses closer to the camp than her that never complained once, but this bitch would call the police at least twice a week complaining about the noise from the shotgun and rifle ranges. We actually became good friends with the police cheif in town, who would come to camp every friday for the BBQ chicken lunch, and he brought his full auto M4 to the ranges one day. I believe she called to complain about that too.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  12. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

In real life that would be awesome. But in the political world, it would just probably convince the commissioner that it's simply too dangerous to have around.

13. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

The hearing today was postponed.

14. Ticket Me

Ticket Me Active Member

i never got that update

15. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

"You will lose"

[​IMG]

16. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

you will loose. :rofl:

17. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

Rescheduled July 8th 10 AM

18. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Sucks that I will be out of town for the next meeting in July or I would go, I may have to donate to the lawyer fund though it they get John to get involved to help Joe.

19. James Hook

James Hook Never trust a government that doesn't trust its ow

I've been there. :eek3:
    Nice guys though. :o

20. DaninTexas

DaninTexas OT Supporter

If that was my place I would leave up the spray paint. Shows how stupid antis are

21. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

It might keep the moonbats from doing it again.