GUN who was looking for a chicom m14?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 2, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

$800.... I'm damn tempted to grab it myself but I got a few other things going on I need money for :hs:
    http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44597&highlight=
    Have for sale a excellent condition Norinco M14 rifle. Rifle was bought from a older gentleman that had used if for the last 8 years as a deer rifle and maybe shot 200 rounds total out of it. I have added a SA Inc. flash suppressor and installed it in a "Hawk" painted camo stock with matching handguard. Stock has normal field wear but is still does the job. Also installed a new USGI op-rod spring and will include a new SA Inc/C.M.I. 10 rd mag. Canvas sling also included.

Rifle is what many called a "unmarked Norinco". What that means is that it has the CAI import stamp with the "China" markings on the barrel but no "Norinco" markings on any other part of the rifle. Heel is bare with just the S/N on the side.

I have four other M14/M1A rifles and this one is excess to my needs and time to use. If the buyer so wishes, I can substitute a very good condition USGI DAS wood stock and handguard in place of the camo stock set.

Now for the money part. I will sell the rifle for $800 plus shipping. I will ship and sell direct to a fellow Texas resident with a signed statement and DL copy. All others must ship to FFL and that FFL must accept from a private person. I will not play that "FFL to FFL" crap some dealers like to do. Rifle only shipped were legal (California, your screwed on this one). I will accept personal check, MO or discreet online payment for 4% added.

First e-mail sent with "I will take it" to [email protected] gets first priority. Omit the "NOSPAM" before e-mailing. (Please, no PM/IM's as I will be listing this on multiple boards. Nor will they be honored if you fail to read and understand these instructions as many people seem to do.)

Thanks for looking.

Hootbro

2. terrist

terrist Cowboy President > All other World Leaders

Is it true what they say about the shitty heat treat? Tempered on a mud brick forge by a peasant farmer and quenched in water buffalo piss.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Its best to swap out internals with USGI stuff, but on the other hand springfields twice as much money has shitty internals and a shitty reciever so Chicom > Springfield.

4. GTP

GTP New Member

800$? Find a way to transport from Toronto to the US and I'll order them for you. Quick 400$ profit for me.

5. rikgao

rikgao New Member

lol, go marstar.

And yeah, the forged Chicom reciever are to milspec which is more simular to the actual M14 than any newer springfeild. LRB is still the best.

6. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I wish, i could really use one

7. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

so you say that the SA M1As are crap? what would you recommend in a semi .308 for a similar or lower price? My dad is back to looking for a semi .308/7.62 NATO again.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The SA's aren't what they used to be they dont use USGI parts anymore some of the stuff is cheaply cast. Whats the SA run now around $1300? If he's willing to accept used stuff, the poly or norinco's are good shooters upgrade the trigger and throw a new wood stock on and your still well under the SA price, For a little more then the new SA you could pick up a lightly used Fulton.
    Other .308 platforms PTR91 NIB for around 900ish. AR10, FAL, Vector makes a couple .308 H&K clones for 12-1500. If he's looking to do precision shooting go with the AR or M1A variant.

9. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

for just a base model with walnut furniture it would cost at least 1499 without taxes here from who we've talked to. There's a guy we see at the shows that has them for cheaper, it's just we have to hope he's at the next show we go to.

he's not really into precision shooting. he's looking for something that can put 30 caliber ammo downrange in larger amounts than an M1 Garand. and we shoot at a 3-3.5 foot diameter gong at 600 yards when it isn't too windy. otherwise we shoot at another gong at 200-300 yards. I don't really see us putting a scope on it, but I guess it would be good for it to shoot well if we ever do.

I was looking at Atlantic arms and they have some FALs for 850, but they are made off of Entreprise receivers, and I've heard mixed reviews about Entreprises quality. Arizona Response Systems refuse to build kits off of the "low quality" products of a couple mfgs but they don't go into detail. Entreprise does happen to be mentioned with "low quality" though.

the only thing that bothers me about anything from Vector in .308 is that it has the MP5 hand guard instead of a full size and they all have 16 inch or shorter barrels.

I'm still working on convincing him that SAs M1As aren't what they used to be. whenever we go looking he snuffs his nose at anything over 1k and says, "For a couple hundred more I could just get an M1A."

does DS arms still make respectable FALs? and can DPMS stuff shoot 7.62 NATO without worry, or are they a .308 only kinda rifle. nobody here has their plain gun,