LGBT who should us gays vote for?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RedGoober4Life, Dec 19, 2007.

1. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I think I'm going to vote for Oprah in the primaries.

2. Matitulo

Matitulo If sexy never left then why is everybody on my shi

RuPaul

3. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

im thinking Cher
    or Beyonce

4. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

"I'm going to get what I want."

-Kelly

5. zortnac

zortnac New Member

Wait, we're supposed to vote?

Damn.

*puts away automatic weapons and locks up secret compound for the season*

I swear, coups are just never in style anymore.

Incidentally, redgoober4life, do you know a guy named Herschel?

6. brokengold

brokengold New Member

:rofl:

7. brokengold

brokengold New Member

Srsly u guys, ron paul

8. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

Gays should vote for whoever it is they personally wish to vote for.

That said, it doesn't matter who you vote for anyway after the primaries, if you understand how electoral college works.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Electoral_College

Your vote counts as much if you go to vote or you sit at home and just imagine the person you'd like to vote for.

9. zortnac

zortnac New Member

eh....I dunno. I mean, I think we all learned from the 2000 election that elections can be decided by a very small number of votes.

10. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

.... Christ!

11. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

Vote count doesn't matter. Electoral votes count. Actual vote numbers mean very little. Also you should be wise enough to know that when dead people and pets vote, the whole system is a sham.

12. zortnac

zortnac New Member

"Vote count doesn't matter. Electoral votes count. Actual vote numbers mean very little."

Well, they mean a lot when determining which candidate gets that state's votes in the electoral college ;-) I dunno off the top of my head how many votes Florida has...but I know it's a lot, and it's considered one of those key states. In 2000, it came down to like...100 votes or something.

Actually, interesting side-note, I remember reading somewhere that if Gore had focused on Bush's over-votes instead of trying to bring up his number by looking at under-votes, that the state would have been his.

"Also you should be wise enough to know that when dead people and pets vote, the whole system is a sham."

Well yeah, the Simpsons taught us that pretty well :)

13. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

Please read up on how electoral college works, because you simply do not understand it. No matter what the vote count was that doesn't mean much by state law in Florida, the electoral votes can be different than popular vote.

Thats a short summary of how you are wrong, you should atleast understand what you are voting for and how voting works before you vote. All the media hype about Florida meant nothing, it was just a bunch of back slapping and hubris.

14. zortnac

zortnac New Member

"Presidential electors are selected on a state by state basis as determined by the laws of each state. Currently each state uses the popular vote on Election Day to appoint electors."

er...isn't that what I said? :confused:

15. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

I told you quite simply that the quote listed was a very simple description of how it works. If you do not understand the process then you should read for yourself. I swear I can't tell if you are exactly this stupid, or if it's just an act. Either way I am not going to waste anymore of my time trying to get you to figure shit out for yourself, if you choose to be ignorant of how things work then that is your choice, I am not an educator.

16. zortnac

zortnac New Member

Uh, no I guess not, but you are being sort of a dick, and I'm not sure if I did anything to provoke it.

I still don't know what it is you think I'm not getting. Florida is one of the states that casts it's electoral votes in an all-or-nothing system, where the popular vote in the state determines all of that state's electoral votes. If you live in a state ripe with electoral votes where the popular vote isn't heavily democrat or republican (like it is in California or Texas), then yeah I'd argue that your vote matters.

...so, when you say that popular vote doesn't determine a state's electoral votes, are you talking about the electors being able to cast their vote in the electoral college however they want? Yes, that's true, though it would mean breaking their oath, which doesn't really happen. Are you talking about the votes being decided by state legislature? I mean, that has happened in our history and there was threat of it happening in 2000...but I don't see where it's necessarily relevant here.

17. RX Bandit

RX Bandit Sell You Beautiful »

With the voting machines the new way to state the value of your vote: if you don't vote conservative Republican then your vote doesn't count...because it truly won't.

That being said, Mike Gravel and Dennis Kucinich are the only two candidates who are unabashedly pro-gay rights and pro-gay marriage. Hillary is not either, and she will hide behind the inefficient and bureaucratic HRC as much as she can - but she will never do anything for the community. Giuliani won't do anything either. I don't think I need to bother mentioning any other candidates, we all know where they stand.

Your vote is worthless this election cycle if you actually care about social issues. My vote is worthless. I still donated as heavily as I could to Mike Gravel's campaign though.

18. RedGoober4Life

Incidentally, yes! It's probably the same one, too. How many Herschels are there running around?

19. RedGoober4Life

Be nice in my thread or I will slap you with my penis.

20. zortnac

zortnac New Member

Not that many! I used to give him crap that his name was "far too Jewish." I feel kind of bad actually, because he invited me up to big bear for new years and I can't go :-(

We met a couple years back when I was still in grad school.

EDIT:

Although...you do live in new york, where there may be LOTS of Herschels!

21. RedGoober4Life

Yeah. SUNY Buffalo has a lot of Jewish folk.

Does anybody else's gaydar go off when they see Rudy on TV? I think that man taps his feet at airports.

22. zortnac

zortnac New Member

Girl, he's fabulous.

[​IMG]