SRS Who makes the moves?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Lateralus, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I'm dating a new girl and so far I've been the one making all the moves, and I'm just wondering if this is normal. I'm kind of shy to begin with, and every other girl I've dated in the past has been a little more forward than this one. We had our first kiss last night and it was great, but again it was with me taking the initiative and going for it. I'm only assuming that she might be a little shy, because the interest is most definitely there, or is she maybe used to letting the guy make the first move? It also surprises me because she is older, I'm 23 and she is 26, but maybe that doesn't make a difference. Any thoughts?

2. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

I'm not sure what the hell Altiris is talking about, but I wouldn't worry to much. She's with you and must have some level of romantic interest in you at this point. Did she seem receptive to the kiss? Usually body language is very telling. She may not be overly affectionate at first, or in the long run for that matter. Typically women anticipate the MAN making the moves, initially.

3. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Just be the person to make the first move. She will start eventually(maybe). Good luck

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

She's shy, just take the initiative and go for gold.

5. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Yeah she was very receptive of the kiss, we actually made out for about 5 minutes or so before I left. I know for sure she's interested, I just wasn't sure if it was normal that a girl would sit back and let the guy make all the moves.

6. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Most girls will not make the first moves. They might initate conversation and flirting but its up to the guy to move things forward physically.

7. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

Most girls won't make the first move because they're afraid of how that'll make them look.

But if you still have that problem later on where you initiate all contact then it might be a problem.