GUN Who knows about Tripp guns, and 45ACP 2011's

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phrozenlikwid, Jul 28, 2009.

1. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

So I got an interesting trade offer for my deagle....

(Sorry the pics are big, I'm linking them and don't feel like snatching them and resizing them)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

45ACP STI, supposedly built by Virgil. Comes with everything in the pics (mags are supposedly tuned), and I'm working on getting actual documentation of the build (current owner doesn't have it).

I know a couple of you guys deal more heavily in these than I do; So I guess I'm asking, is it a decent deal? I'm asking $1650 for my pistol. I know it won't really be competitive in USPSA (outside of maybe L10), but I've never owned a 2011 and the thought intrigues me. Asked around on BEnos, and most of the people there said the 45's *can* run just as well as the 40's and what not, and I assume that Virgil can build a decent pistol.

I really would rather have the cash, but wouldn't mind tooling around with this for a while. If I ended up selling it later, think I'd get hosed?

2. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

While not a bad value for a 2011 because it's 45 it's a lot less desirable as a game gun. That's the nicest thing I could say about it. I personally think you would have a easier time flipping your DE.

3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

You aren't going to hurt my feelings, I have similar thoughts myself. If it was a .40 I'd do it in a heartbeat; the .45 part kinda sucks. My biggest fear is getting stuck with it, and never really shooting it. I don't want that kinda money tied up into something that will just sit around.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  4. AB13

AB13 New Member

Yeah, I'd agree with Yar. It won't be any more competitive in L10 than a nice single stack with 10 rounders. You could convert it to be a wide frame .40, but that's more money than it may be worth. This is purely from a risk stand point.

If I had the choice free and clear of either a DE or that STI, I would take the STI. It would be easier flipping the DE as there is a broader market for it.

5. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Prolly right. Looking at how much $$ I would have to expend to make it a 6" 40, and fuck a bunch of that noise. I could buy another TS and trick it out for the same outlay.

Appreciate the commentary, thinking I'll pass and just throw that bitch up on GB, or try trading it for a trunk full of coke.

6. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

It would make a really good CDP gun in IDPA if you're into that.

7. You're limited to 8 rounds in a CDP magazine anyways.

8. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

No real IDPA matches around here; at least not enough to build a gun for. Like AB was saying, I might as well run my 1911 for anything this gun would be competitive in.

Need to get ahold of Matt Cheely and trade him this + a website for some nice blasters.

9. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Yeah, but I'm limited to 10 rounds in my 2011 IDPA gun in ESP too. I like the 2011 platform and the big wide mag opening makes for faster reloads so it still has an advantage over a single stack in CDP even if you can only load 8 rounds.

10. AB13

AB13 New Member

true dat about the reload, but all it takes is a few hours of dry fire and I can reload my skinny gun with an S&A magwell just as fast. :)