Who is responsible for you cumming during sex?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ForgottenSpiral, Sep 22, 2009.

?

Who is responsible for you cumming during sex?

1. I'm female and my partner is responsible to make me cum every time. Otherwise what is the point?

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. I'm female and my partner is responsible more than not. I'm understanding, but I still want mine.

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. I'm female, my partner is responsible rarely. I enjoy sex, but they need to do it sometimes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm female and my partner is not responsible. If I don't cum from sex, it's my own damn fault.

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. I'm male and my partner is responsible to make me cum every time. Otherwise what is the point?

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. I'm male and my partner is responsible more than not. I'm understanding, but I still want mine.

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  7. I'm male, my partner is responsible rarely. I enjoy sex, but they need to do it sometimes.

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  8. I'm male and my partner is not responsible. If I don't cum from sex, it's my own damn fault.

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I have my own views on this and I know there are others. I'm just trying to get a feel for how many people feel which way. I separated the men and women in an attempt to see if gender affects the results. Feel free to post your thoughts, feelings and experiences in this area as well.

Edit: Just to clarify, for the purposes of this poll a guy fucking a girl and the guy cumming counts as the guy doing it himself, whereas a girl fucking a guy and the guy cumming counts as the girl making the guy cum. Likewise a guy fucking a girl and the girl cumming counts as the guy doing it, but a girl fucking a guy and making herself cum counts as her doing it. This poll isn't limited to intercourse though.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

The hell?

If I wasnt responsible for getting her off, or her me, vice versa, what have you, then i'd just masturbate.

The enjoyment/pleasure of sex is mutual satisfaction from both parties.

If you can't get your partner/so/fb what have you off, you fail.

3. ForgottenSpiral

The question isn't whether both people should be satisfied, but rather who is responsible for your satisfaction.

4. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

funny...i read the initial post differently than you

i agree with the above, but i immediately thought about girls ive known who bitch about not cumming, but also are silent and dont tell the guy what is working and what isnt. so my initial thought is to say that I am responsible for my orgasm in the sense that i cant lay there doing and saying nothing and expect the other person to do all the work.

5. just_another_on

Ah.

In that case, she is. Or she feel she is at least.

6. ForgottenSpiral

:werd: This was part of my thinking. Also I think on some level we have to take responsibility for our own satisfaction physically as well. I think most guys can fuck a girl until he gets off, but how many girls can say the same? I've had gfs who could get themselves off during sex (and I'm not talking masterbation), I've had gfs who enjoyed sex more than orgasms, and I've had gfs who expected me to do all the work. Just trying to get a feel for what the norm is.

7. freckleface

freckleface expose the raw nerve and get on with our lives...

I would say that we both need to want to get the other one off. I know that sometimes i want it but have a hard time getting it. In that case the few times it has Happened when i just cannot get it after a long time i will let him off the hook. Same for me if i have been sucking and fucking for ever and nothing... he will let me off the hook. This happens when to much booze for him. For me it is due to the lack of for play(rarely) or i just was not into it and was just doing it for him. In long term relationships sex can have ups and downs. Now i have not had to be let off the hook in a while because after years i know what to do in that situation. I still have my moments and when i am not really up for it i am truthful with him. I say well i am good but you can bend me over the table.lol Most of the time he will not stop till he gets something from me. That is just his way he can not stand for me not to cum.

8. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

I'm responsible for her, she's responsible for me. The way I see it.

9. just_another_on

:werd:

10. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

I don't like the options here. I see it this way, we are both responsible to try to give pleasure to each other, because otherwise we'd just be shitty lovers. But if we communicate with our partner and try our best and they still can't cum, it is not anybody's fault.

11. just_another_on

Then I blame the parents.

12. Abomb

Abomb New Member

Her and I.

13. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:eek3: I've never thought of it this way... :dunno:

Is it really a matter of responsibility? I can only be accountable for my thoughts and actions. If he's trying to give me an orgasm but I'm not mentally in a spot where that's going to happen, does the responsibility fall on him or me? Or if he's really in the mood one day and he gets off twice in 10 minutes, can I claim that I was responsible for his good time or is it really just him in a really horny mood?

I don't think it's as cut and dry as you're trying to make it FS. Of course I'm going to do all that I can to ensure that he's getting what he needs out of sex but I can't take credit for his orgasm or blame if he doesn't have one (assuming I was giving him what he needed).

14. ForgottenSpiral

Well I agree with this as well. I'm mostly just trying to get a feel for how many people think if they don't get off it's their partner's fault. :mamoru:

15. ForgottenSpiral

:bowdown: I'm with you 100%. That's why I think of my sexual pleasure as my responsibility and not my mate's. A person can do everything within their ability to make their partner cum and still not succeed, but there are obviously people out there who view that as a failure. What I was trying to expose with this poll is how many people feel that way. I suppose I could have worded it better, but I did my best! :mamoru:

16. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

I like getting some attention now and then...if my girlfriend cant give me head and make me cum every now and then it would lead me to believe she isnt into me sexually...

17. teep

teep New Member

i've been terrible lately. i just hit and quit lol. it's a different story when i actually care about the chick though :hs:

18. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

your partner is responsible for TRYING. If they put in a reasonable effort and it takes more then a reasonable effort or is just plain impossible, that's your problem.

If they put in extraordinary effort, lucky you.

BTW: trying to attach full responsibility for something that you are very much not in full control of the outcome is stupid.

19. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

20. tibbar

tibbar aww fennec foxah aww

Seems like my girl cums really easily, so then it's a matter of me getting off while wearing a condom or her drying up and getting tired of sex and me just stopping without cumming. I feel like it's my responsibility to make her cum, but I don't feel like she needs to make me cum. If I can't cum it's noone's fault really.

21. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I am completely responsible for me cumming during sex.

And by "completely responsible" I assume you mean that it's my responsibility to let my partner know what I like and don't like.

22. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

Jesus

23. evh

evh Active Member

insightful thread.