MIL Who is ready for a rant?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by origin unknown, Jul 31, 2009.

1. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

As most of you know I made the Green to Gold 4 year scholarship this past month. I am authorized to get out 30 days before school starts (AUG 24) However I was informed around July 8th, during my block leave and returned the 12th turning in my 4187 paperwork (Chapter 16-2C Voluntary Discharge to enter ROTC) to my S1 on the 14th. Most everyone was still on leave at this point so granted nothing was done that week.

So the next week rolls by and I go to my S1 everyday asking about my paperwork until they finally tell me to stop coming it will get done. This is the week of the 20th. Well come Thursday at 1830 I get a phone call from my PSG saying hey your paperwork is back you did it wrong. Apparently it needed a secondary page for the 4187 called the -1R and so yeah... Friday was a Donza, so I sit on my paperwork all weekend until this Monday.

I informed my 1SG this week about my dilemma, how I need a fast turn around on this so I can get my orders to start clearing. Well here we are, Friday and I have still recieved no word. I am very let down right now because without this 4187 turned into Personnel Processing I can't do anything but sit on my ass. I have of course begun cleaning TA-50 and what not but still the utter lack of competence when dealing with my S1 and the fact that I have to somehow get orders, clear and be in school in 3 weeks is starting to stress me out.

My biggest issue though is that I am being treated so second-rate. Noone told me to do Green to Gold, it was my iniative and I am so very proud of it and you'd think maybe the Officers in my COC would be as well. Right? It's not like I am some shitbag trying to get out early (I've served 4 years of my 4 year 16 wk enlistment). And even so I am going to become an Officer. To me this is just a major let down. I have been with this Unit my entire military career and for them to just shit on me like this really makes me question the Army Values they rub in your face every 5 seconds. If I was an officer and I had a high-speed who got into G2G with no help at all besides the 50 word blurb recommendation that is mandatory I would be happy to see he clears and gets to school. Maybe I just don't understand how much my COC really dosn't give a fuck. But I LOVE I MEAN I REALLLLLLLY FUCKING LOVE how during every change of command/responsibility they say during there speech "I love taking care of Soldiers" WHAT A CROCK OF FUCKING SHIT! FUCK YOU

/rant

Cliff: Trying to get out of fucking Army to go G2G, paperwork held up 3 weeks. Start school in 3 weeks, haven't even got orders to begin clearing. COC don't give a fuck.

2. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

3. MrRyan

I wish I could help...

4. Mr. Monopoly

Mr. Monopoly OT Supporter

Man, that sucks to hear. Good luck getting your stuff done in time, and congrats on G2G.

5. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

I hear ya bro. It was a bitch going back to the Corps from the AF. The Guard is even worse I would think, nothing gets done, no one is ever around. The conditional release form DD-368, my CO signed it no problem. It was the DD 4187 that the Guard Bureau was asking for that was a bitch to get. Nobody at my unit knew what the fuck it was, not the retaining officer, not the guard recruiters, not airforce recruiters, not the airforce/guard personnel at LA MEPS, nobody. CA Air Guard wouldn't release me without it.

I told my friend/recruiter that the guard would not release me without the 4187, so he would make calls to the Bureau. No one would answer, they were out to chow, always some bullshit excuse, and if they did answer at HQ, they gave me the runaround. HQ would tell me they would give me the 4187 once I had a contract with the USMC, and I started processing out with my unit. My unit S1 (MPF) would tell me they couldn't start my paperwork without the 4187.

Marine Corps recruiting didn't know what form it was. All the recruiters from the different services get along very well at my station, so we're outside talking and I tell them of my situation. I tell them that we can't figure out what form they were asking me for. My friend who's an Army recruiter then tells me, "Oh, I know what form it is, let me print it out for you".

This had gone on for a couple months, and I was getting frustrated. The SNCOIC at the station made a call to MEPS, the CWO pretty much said "Fuck them, all we need is form DD-368" and they made shit happen. I enlisted back in the Marine Corps, gave the admin personnel at my guard unit a copy of my DD-368 and enlistment contract, and said "deuces". I never "out processed" out of the guard. They can figure that shit out on their own. I don't know if that's gonna come back and bite me, but fuck it, I don't care. I had a release form signed from them, and a new enlistment contract from the Corps, as far as I and the USMC are concerned, they released me.

6. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

lol I wish i could just do that nsx... just drop deuces and go

7. whitecouch

whitecouch spendin' our golden years in OT Supporter

Way to stick it to the man Devil Dog. Congrats:bowdown:

8. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

thats the problem with a lot of places, once they know your leaving they dont care about what happens to you anymore

9. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

I hate that shit man, keep trying and chew some ass if you have to. youre on the way out of there anyway.

10. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

everyone hates us 11Cs until they need us :(

11. MrRyan

Holy Shit Man,

Are you still stuck in Italy? Can't you PCS? Or don't you want to?

12. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

I was gonna be Stop Lossed anyways, after a little deal with the CSM extended here for a little thing called Sapper Leader Course... haha.

13. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

That sucks. The addendum to the 4187 is a new thing that they are starting to do. I had to do one to go to CLC3. Basically its an endorsement by your entire chain of command. Sucks cuz it takes way longer. You need to walk that shit through!!!!!

14. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

update?