Who is out of line?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 1200mk, Dec 7, 2005.

1. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

ill give the cliffs....

my gf (who is from canada) got into a fight bc she saw her girlfriends husband slap her. She got hit in the head during the fight.

I live in LA and she told me about this i was concerned about her own safety so i asked if she was OK.

K, here is the problem she thinks that I don't care about her bc I am not doing anything about this guy.

First off, I live in LA.... so I cant really do anything (but she says if some girl hit me she would be here in a second).

What do you guys think? I personally think she is being way out of line (especially bc she wants to end it bc of this).

INsights?

2. RockChick

RockChick New Member

yeah, I agree with you...

I mean, I can understand that it sucks ass to see someone get hit and then get hit yourself. But if you go there and 'do something' about it, in the end you can get in shit... bad idea.

Tell her to call the cops on this guy... hitting women is plain and simple wrong... violence in general is wrong. the cops won't say "oh hey, we don't have time for that now"... they'll show up and do whatever is necessary. shit, they get paid for it.

3. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

she says she got involved in this bc she hates seeing guys hitting girls (she was in a abusive relationship before)

4. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

Find a woman who is closer to you and more mature.

5. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

was thinking this.

6. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

a side note... she was intoxicated when all this went down... so i'll have to see how see is reacting in the morning.

7. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

Don't you just hate sloppy drunks?

8. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Whoa, what the hell does she expect you to do? Come up there and beat the guys ass? Yea that will be great when you are the one in jail huh?

Sounds like she is young if she expected you to come up there and beat someone up. Is she not an adult? Can she not pick up a phone and call the police? As much as she doesnt like to see women hit, I know pretty much every cop out there hates that shit too, and its always taken seriously.

Drunk phone calls from a long distance SO...interesting to say the least :rofl:

9. Mojo

Mojo New Member

another reason why long distance relationships = suck

but you mentioned she was tipsy or drunk, let us know what she says the following day or two.

the right thing she should've done was not get involved and call the police.

10. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Who got hit? Your girlfriend or your girlfriend's girlfriend?

11. low20

low20 Member

so ur gf's friend got hit, and ur gf wants you to go beat up her friends husband? wtf? i wouldnt even get involved...its not your problem or your gf's its the couples problem, and you cant really just go beat the crap out of everyone when someone gets hit, thats kinda immature. and if she wants to break up with you for it, then thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. i could see if the guy hit your gf intentionally or something, then hell yeah, but its not ur place to do anything about it. or ur gf's for that matter

12. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Well I dont know. I personaly would and have beat guys to a pulp for daring to lay a hand on my GF or Mom. My mom got kicked in the stomach because of a situation just like your girl's, were my mom saw her friend get beat. I made that guy wish he had never came near my mom. But he was involved in a lot shady deals and didnt dare go to the police.

However, it would be kind of tough in your case because the dude is in Canada. So because of that mere fact, I would say that she is overreacting.

13. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

No, her GF's friend got hit AND his GF also got hit.

14. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

girlfriends gf got slapped first which cause my gf to sock the guy in the face in which she got hit back.

15. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

And THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is why long distance relationships don't work.

16. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

:werd:
    What was she hitting him for, anyway? Was she trying to defend her friend from being hit again? Or was she hitting back out of anger like a fool? I say "like a fool" because she's a woman, who wasn't the one being hit, and she chose to pick a fight with the guy. She asked for it. The question is was it noble or foolish? She sounds like the foolish type to me.

None of that really matters much as far as who's out of line, considering the distance thing. If some chick slapped you in the face and she came down to beat that chick's ass, she's a little messed up in the head.

How old are the two of you?

17. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

I am 22 she's 19.

18. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

update: she called me today to apologize for the stuff she said last nite.. she didn't mean it and said it out of anger/alcohol.

19. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

Well, that'll make everything OK....:ugh:

BTW - having served two TDY's in Vietnam that is a very disturbing avatar you have. I'm curious why you chose that one?

20. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

It's YOUR or YOU'RE PLEASE!

21. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

This is just a BAD situation. Your girlfriend made it worse. Violence is not a good answer to violence. Unfortunately, sometimes it's the only solution and it should only be wielded by the proper authority. It's entirely possible that your gf could have been brought up on charges because she wasn't the one who was attacked. In fact, the BF might have been justified in hitting your gf because she attacked him without provocation to her own safety.

She needs to grow up and stop being so idealistic. If you 'flew up there', and you actually DID something, it would make things 100 times worse, not to mention spending money unnecessarily.

Now, being young does get you a certain number of 'get out of jail free' cards when it comes to stupidity like this, but I would seriously question keeping her as a GF if she continues this type of behavior. If she is so indignant about the way her friend is treated, she needs to remove herself from the situation and call the cops. Keep herself safe and allow professionals to handle it. If they don't, there are other authorities HER GF can appeal to. Not to mention getting help herself.

Another sad point about growing up is realizing that no matter how much YOU think spousal abuse is wrong, sometims you can't help the person in that situation because they really don't want to be helped. It may kill you to watch them take their lives into the dumper, but it's their choice. If you don't like it, you can say so, but they get to live their lives the way they want to. If they continue to choose to live destructively (even if they whine and moan and complain that they can't do anything which is complete :bsflag: ), then the only thng to be done is to remove yourself from the situation, sad as it is. Like I said, some people don't really want to be helped.

22. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Personally, I would tell her not to get involved in something that is none of her business, friend or not.

Second, I would tell her to go file a police report.

Third, I truely believe it is important for you, as a man, to let her know that you WOULD do something to protect her, if needed. But if she carelessly gets involved in a fight, there is only so much you can do. Next time she should take care of herself better. What good is protecting her if she gets her skull crushed and is in the hospital?

23. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

i would make this point VERY clear

24. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

... I think fighting is stupid.. and the fact that she put her self in that place makes her at fault.. being pussy hurt because you did not waste money to fly up there to fight some guy is stupid..

my advice.. find a girl that is closer.. find one who isnt so quick to fight someone.. less drama the better..

Using the fact that you were drunk is a poor excuse for anything...

25. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

i am curious as well.