GUN Who is hunting deer this fall and what are you gonna use?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by taco, Sep 28, 2003.

1. taco

taco Guest

I have been reading some hunting forums and reading about hunting on the web and starting to get excited for deer hunting this fall. So who is going to be hunting deer this fall and what weapon are you gonna use.

I will be hunting rifle and possibly muzzle loader in pa and might be hunting rifle in michigan this year.

I will be using my winchester model 70 supergrade in .264 winchester magnum wearing a burris fullfield II 4.5-14 scope and launching 125 grain nosler partitions at 3350 fps for rifle in Pa.

I don't know what I'm gonna use in michigan, possibly a marlin 336 30-30 or a ruger M-77 in 270.

For muzzleloader I will be using a T/C firestorm flintlock because PA only allows us to use flintlock so the deer can laugh at us when we can't get our rifles to go off.

2. mrbill

mrbill New Member

i plan to hunt. i'll be using my Marlin 30-30 w/a cheap Bushnell 3x9 scope. the bullets will be 150gr Winchester Silvertips.

3. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

in...my remington 870

4. -RUNNR

-RUNNR Insanely truthful

In

Undecided on rifle. Either my Howa .300WM or my FR8 .308

Hoping to get a moose ticket this year for which I will use the Howa

5. novass

novass Guest

State Arms 50 BMG with 750 grain AMAX on top of 220 grains of H50BMG, Super Sniper 20 x scope.

6. taco

taco Guest

Your deer must hold still for a long time to even find them in that scope.

7. novass

novass Guest

No problem, Im sited in at 300 yards, at that distance they can move around a bunch and they are still easy keep in the cross hairs,

8. Furner

Furner New Member

I probably will, my uncle has a pair of nice bucks that are destroying his garden. I will probably be doing it with a 12ga 1oz slug.

9. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Rem. 700 in .270 with Winchester Suprem 130 grain ballistic silvertips. I can't wait to blow their guts out and get some tasty venison.

10. camo~

camo~ I LURK

Put in for deer bow hunt- Elk rifle and antelope rifle and didnt get drawn for shit! :rant2: Im going to my favorite hunting spot this weekend with a buddy and we are going to call in some elk and take some pics since we cant shoot anything!

Might pick up an OTC bear tag just for shits and giggles.

11. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

get drawn? what the hell? you can't just go down to wal mart and get a hunting license? what kind of loser states do you people live in?

12. Furner

Furner New Member

for real, and for deer of all things!!! You can come up to MI and hunt deer, we have to many of those damn things up here.

13. spooney

spooney WTF Sony?

Marlin 336w in 30-30 150gr. Winchester Silvertip bullets. With a cheap BSA 3X9 scope sat on top of lifted scope rings(so I can still use the irons for close in)

14. camo~

camo~ I LURK

Yup-sucks dont it? We have a lottery system here in New mexico. The only big game that you can hunt with a otc liscense is bear and fur-bearer liscenses.

15. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Where I hunt Elk, you have to draw. I will use an M1A Scout with a two power scope. It should be a challenge keeping my quarry within 200 yards.

16. Sideways

Sideways Do I look like I give a damn?

Most of my hunting this year will be short range brush so I am taking my Marlin 45-70. Even at 200 yards it still makes consistent kill shots, just got to aim a little bit higher.

I love my lion killer :o

Still debating if I should go pick up a Remington 700 Titanium. I love that rifle :sad2:

17. ffxhub

ffxhub OT Supporter

This season I'll be using my Knight Muzzleloader for part blackpowder season. Then off to my 30.06 Remington 700 for rifle season. Also for part of the season when I will be hunting in a place that only allows shotguns for gun season I'll be using my Browning Gold Hunter 12 gauge 3.5" mag.

18. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Winchester Pre-war Model 70 in 30.06 probably :dunno: I'd like to get an encore muzzleloader before the season but they're pricey :hs: