Who here has tinnitus?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TerryHau, Jun 1, 2003.

1. TerryHau

TerryHau Guest

Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) is a common problem, affecting about 17% of the general population around the world (44 million people in the USA). It causes significant suffering in about 4% of the general population (10 million in the USA). Typically patients are told "to learn to live with it."

---------------

I have tinnitus except its nottoo serious. I can only hear it when the rooms is close to silent. Its very noticable when im trying to sleep at night.

I listen to my MD at 25/30 volume about an hour a day so maybe thats why. Hahah, it seems that the standard volume for me keeps getting higher and higher.

2. 04

04 Guest

Yup, I have it too. I had it before I got into stereo's, but I believe it has gotten a bit worse. I try and wear earplugs when I go to concerts, and earmufs when i use power tools, or listen to my home subwoofer...

3. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

yep, its not as bad as it used to be now that i toned my stereo down a lot in the past 8 months...or maybe im gettin used to it. But i cant hear very well in general, not just ringing.

4. Mister Mac'

Mister Mac' Av: Daniela Denby-Ashe in Torchwood S1Ep7

I think everyone has it to some extent. Mine's slightly worse since last year when I installed my 15" :o

My dad has a LOT of trouble with it :( His was caused by a structural fault in his jaw that puts stress on the inner ear.

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

My dad has it too, not sure what from, could be from playing in orchestra or could be just natural... Only has trouble with it at certain frequencies.