Who here has taken a weekend off to go visit their SO?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by hotsauce, Sep 17, 2006.

1. hotsauce

hotsauce New Member

Im thinking about going from DC to Boston to spend a weekend with the gf :o

I can't even go a month without punani :hs:

2. kiz

kiz New Member

my girlfriend goes to college about an hr and a half a way and every other week or so she'll drive up or I'll drive to her place for some quality time :)

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I couldnt imagine your situation. I wouldnt take time off if we were seperated, I would quit my job and find a way to survive where she is. Not saying you should do that...i just couldnt image being away from my wife...even before she was my wife.

If you miss her than go for it. People let thier jobs rule way to much of their lives. I understand to a certain extent, but I in no way would let myself be made unhappy due to a job situation.

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

bc sometimes you dont have that luxury to just move. if youre in school, transfers add significant time to your estimated graduation date.

im in school, my SO lives 700 miles away from me. i cant move to where he is, without becoming financially/emotionally/situationally dependant on him. I wish i could, but it would mean 2 more years of school (4-5 semesters), instead of 2 semesters.

i assume school is the reason for it being a LDR. aside from the military, i dont think most would put up with it for other reasons.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Lauren kinda answered but...I have transferred colleges many times and jobs many times. I found it far easier to transfer jobs. Others may differ, but that is why I approached the situation like that.

I agree, long distance thing really doesnt work for most people, I dont think I could do it...but luckily will never have to. But ya really must care about someone to try...