SRS Who here has some conflicts within their family?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JakobwithaK, Sep 11, 2006.

1. JakobwithaK

JakobwithaK Titty fuck for the win!

Meaning, if any of you reading this have a family member that you dont get along with, this thread needs a reply.

You know, what comes to me as a bit surprising is how even the most emotional tragic events can happen to a family, and as much self reflecting it lets you do...it still cant bring everybody together - even the people who never got along prior. And if you are wondering, it was my grandpas funeral yesteray).

I have three sisters and one niece. I dont get along (nor never have, never will) with one of my sisters (the middle one). Its the oldest one with the little girl, and all 3 of my sisters are married. I get along really well with 2 of the 3 bro in laws..

Even times like this, I would think my sister (the one I dont get alone with) would at least temporarily forget the past between us and put it aside for one day. But it just goes to show just how immature and a true nieve 2 way stereotypical b*tch she really is. Shes sooooo two faced it makes me sick even thinking about her. She is the most two faced person Ive ever met in my life, ever - trust me that is something, since Ive had my fair share of associating with 2 faced people), and I have no hesistation in getting them out of my life ASAP.

You know right now her and I are at the point where she cant even talk to me without yelling, or being a total B about it. I dont even talk to her (and havent for years), since our last real bad fight, unless I absolutely have to. Every single thing I say when shes around (even if its not even directed to her) she always has to insult me, butt in, critisize me [​IMG] Nag about this, nag about that, whatever. And she knows I tune her out, even at times when I really shouldnt be, but what am I suppose to do? Im not gonna take the drama that this B brings to the family every time she is around [​IMG]

And then I feel that Im starting to lose my oldest sis (or at least the relationship) between us. I dont know, things havent been the same between us as before. Shes been giving me major attitude over the past few months or so and we used to be my closest sister (almost like a 3rd parent to me). I dont really get along with her husband anyways, but I just dont get whats up with her. I can understand, its a lot of work raising a kid and it can be stressful at times. But good lord, some of the stuff she was giving attitude to me about yesterday, has made her look like her other sister from my eyes. Its bad enough dealing with one of them, let alone two. Though, I know them two are very different personality wise.

My entire family know that my middle sis and I never get alone, never have and never will. We have tried to work things out in the past but trust me...its over between her and I. We are just too much opposites to even say hi to each other (and actually meaning it).

I wont go into details (at least not yet) about the stuff she was bitching me about yesterday or my other sister. If you are curious, then I can tell you later. Ive always wished she wasnt a part of the family because she would always try to make my life miserable. Always seen her as a true witch - someone who would beat me up when I was little, pick on me, etc. I just dont care anymore, I mean I never bitch at them for anything so why do I have to take it? Oh I know, because Ive always been spoiled by mom and dad since im the youngest (or what everyone knows me as the baby) of the family. So as my parents think, they take it out on me because they often get jealous.

Ive learned to deal with it, but I guess im just ranting because yesterday felt like an entire year going through all that stress with my sisters. Thats what you get for having 3 sisters and no brothers eh?[​IMG]:wtc:

2. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Not personally, but my extended fam. is full of hate for each other. I sure would like the perfect fam you see on tv/movies, but it's not happening. In relation to what you said, there was really one person, my uncle, who kind of held things together. He died in '00 and everything went kooky. Basically it was fights over his money (he had a great deal), blame on who's fault it was, etc.

I'm cool with my regular fam, but I'm really disconnected from my entire extended family. Partly because I broke off their stupid religion which actually alienated me from the whole community. But hey, gotta keep smilin anyway :)

3. JakobwithaK

Ya because im the baby of the family and shes jealous with how much slack my parents cut me. Ex - had my school paid for, while they had to pay every dollar of their tuitions.

Ive already gotten past the stage where I dont let it bother me. Though Ill admit its always on the back of your mind, and this weekend was bit too much. [​IMG] I just dont appreciate how she is a completely different person when shes around her hubby and when shes not. But oh well, i dont give a @#%$ anymore. It seems every single god damn time I go out for dinner with family (int. ext or not), there is always someone wanting to piss me off and get on my nerves. Tonight it was one of my uncles (Just got home, we all went out for dinner again tonight) Dont know why, but I just woke up and moms like "were going out for dinner" I thought it was only our family, but then I show up and everyones there

God do I ever, and i need to move away for good! I was this close to going overseas, but then my oldest sis had her baby. And now that she is 1.5yrs old, and I dont think it would be the best thing for her....(considering shes already super close to me) and likes me a lot more than other family members - she always asks for me when she comes over and stuff, etc.

I really do need a break, god just this weekend alone was too much for me. Listening to my uncle bitch me out over stupid @#%$ is just retarded.

Hes 44, still lives at home with mom, a virgin and just admitted to last night that he meets 18yr old girls off the net. And thinks by buying girls he doesnt even know, jewellery, clothes, etc that she will fall for him. [​IMG] Im like dude, youre the moron here...I couldnt even bare listen to him tlak ever, hes so @#%$ arrogant and disrespectful I dont like to associate with him (but i at least am man enough to not show it).

So tonight at the dinner, and just with every dinner we go to with cousins and stuff. Everyone always asks why i dont eat. They just dont get it, nor ever will. We always go for the same type food every time - chinese food. And frankly since I like to eat healthy and have my own habits - focused on working out, etc. They always bitch me out "oh are you worried youre going to get fat?" "why you not eating?" They even think im a vegetarian. Some relatives are like "you need to eat more" [​IMG] Its like OMG, I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE! How hard is it to comprehend, Im not into greasy good, I like to eat healthy and watch what I eat! So what? Why can they NOT learn to accept it? That is why every one is different. They seem so offended by it. Would they rather have me not show? At least I do when I have to! JESUS GOD DAMN, pisses me off [​IMG]

They wont ever get it. I mean I will eat some, but even then I eat everything in moderation. Thats just how I am. But when we eat the same @#%$ for lunch, dinner, for a week straight, how can you even blame me?

SSeriously, I couldnt listen to my uncle bitch me out sitting next to me. I just cut him off and took off to the can. I just wanted to tell him to STFU! [​IMG]

Then he goes on to bitch me out, about how im 25 and still living at home and havent moved out yet..."Just get out, buy a house, whats taking so long?....get your old paps to buy you a place to stay" Again, this is coming from a guy whos 44 and never had a girlfriend or moved out. [​IMG] Its like , christ do you not think i wanna move out? But right now, I have other things to worry about like where Im going to move because this city just doesnt have what Im looking for (career work wise). GOD, AND HES LIKE TALKING LOUDLY....so of course everyone else is hearing him, and then asking "what what" and next thing you know hes got everyones attn and totally just bitching me out about how I havent moved out yet. [​IMG] Im just like OMG, and I walk off again. This guy just pisses me off.

4. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat in that boat. I am dating a girl that is Brazilian. I'm Indian (dot-head). Not sure if you know, Indians usually only date Indians & marry only Indians - quite rare to see an interracial relationship. I am in love w/ my girlfriend however my parents want to break up with her. She's 26 and I'm 21. Another reason they don't like her is because she's still legally married.

Her husband & her came to America 5 yrs ago and things unfortunately didn't work out - so they seperated. Since they're illegal citizen of America they can't file for a divorce. If they do so they both get deported back to Brazil. My parents are ashamed of me dating this girl and are afraid of what society is going to think about all of this.

5. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

My point is, that things were well in the family. I don't really have a mother/son or father/son relationship within the family. When I told my mom thinking that she'd be happy - she completely flipped. My dad a week before my 21st birthday gave me an ultimatium as to either being with my girlfriend or there are going to be consequences. Today, I chose my girlfriend and am willing to do whatever it takes to be with her. Not really sure what to do, since I don't like to disappoint my parents - but I can't listen to them forever...

6. JakobwithaK

Im sorry to hear that, but my youngest sis (who is still older than me), is in the exact same shoes as you, except already married and having a kid. Right now, she no longer associates with her mother at all, and its quite sad because her baby will only have one set of grandparents.

7. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

Yeah...this has crossed my mind before as well. My parents don't celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas. Knowing that they won't be there for those two holidays and also knowing if I do have a child with this girl - my parents won't be there.

My gfs dad died when she was young - so she only has a mom. In other words the child would only have a grandmother. My girlfriend was also rejected by the previous family since she was Catholic & they were Baptist. Just imagine a Catholic coming into a Hindu family...:hs:

8. JakobwithaK

Racism is such bullshit, I dont even know why it still exists in todays world.

9. JakobwithaK

You know what really hurts me inside? Im A.D.D and my family knows it. I went to private school from grades 8-12 for this disorder. :oYes I know, I can be a bit slow catching onto things. Well it seems people (especially my oldest sis), really gets offended by it. Whenever there is a time where Im a bit lost in taking directions from someone, she gets all uptight, and the look on her face and tone of her voice to me really makes me feel like complete sh!t inside. Like Im some complete retard [​IMG] . She cant talk to me normally anymore, without talking to me like im retarded. Everything is with attitude.

Like Sat. at the funeral and stuff, I had a few instances where I had to follow some directions and I was bit slow in taking it in. She talked to me like Im some @#%$ tool off the street with no intelligence what so ever. [​IMG]

Anyways, Im not going to go on about this, it almost makes me cry just thinking about it. [​IMG] In fact it will, and I dont need that right now.

All I know is, a person who doesnt have A.D.D. will never ever, fully acknowledge the effects of it since they never experience it themselves. Unless of course, they are a counsellor or something.

But im going to stop, this depresses me just talking about it. Im sorry:(

10. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

My mom and I dont get along all that well. I dont know why or what happened - I hear different theories from my family though. 1 - I'm a daddy's girl, I love cars, getting greasy and beat up, and racing. She doesnt do any of that, wouldnt know a spark plug from a starter. 2 - I'm young and thin, shes not anymore (but was when she was my age, maybe 5-10lbs more). We'd get along when we'd go to Great Adventure or Dorney Park, and she'd act fine to me with friends around.

She always told me to move out, and after being with my bf for awhile and hating the 3 hour driving time between us, I moved 200 miles away to be with him. At first she wanted me to go out with a guy 10 miles away, but he just wasnt clicking with me, whilst I felt like stuff with me & the current would work out. So that made her dislike my bf, saying I shouldnt trust him b/c he was so far away, and had ex-gf drama in his life. Finally she began to like him.

She's very Italian, so they're very much on showing affection to family and whatnot. She went to kiss him goodbye (not a type of kiss he & I would share, of course), but his family never really did any of that, he turned his head a bit. That pissed her off, thinking he didnt want to say goodbye to her. They stopped talking after that. Lately they've been talking more, but what pissed me off the most about this "rivalry" or what ever the fuck it is going on between us, was when my grandma told me that when my mom was in NJ visiting her parents and other members of our family for Easter, she told them all that she worries about me because my boyfriend treats me badly.

That crossed some lines right there, I figured she was going through a stage where she would try and ruin his image to my family who has yet to meet him (other than my grandparents, and they love him). I confronted her and she told me my grandma is lying. Now her and my grandma (mom's mom) are trying to pit me against one another. Another thing I fucking hate.

Too much drama going on in the family. Last time we were in NC to visit them, her and the bf seemed to get along better, 1 less conflict. Now to resolve the other two. Ugh.

(Oh yeah, and my mom will act just fine when I'm there visiting most of the time, but usually will bitch about me to my dad or grandma (when they were still talking) about me for some unbeknownst reasons).