who here has 2wd truck?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by KingGargantuan, Aug 1, 2002.

1. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

And have you lifted it?

Do you take it on trails?

Will a stock 95 S10 2WD hold up on easy trails or am I gonna break something just doing donuts in the grass at the local highschool?

hmm hmm hmm?

2. Waddup you?

Waddup you? OT Supporter

I have a nissan hardbody. it is a 4cyl, unfortunaely, but I have larger tires, gears, and a locker in the rear for messing about in the dirt.

the locker helps out a lot, especially for climbing rocky hills. I haven't gotten stuck with it yet. I do want to test my truck out in the mud, but I had gotten my locker after winter...

my truck is still in stock form, but I will get a suspension lift pretty soon. I have only jumped my truck once, well not really a jump, it was more like you go over a hill at a high speed, and the truck raises off the ground just a bit.

one last thing, I dont abuse my truck... and I know its limits.

3. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

cool..

how much did the locker and gears run ya? And did you just slap bigger tires onto your stock rims?

4. Waddup you?

Waddup you? OT Supporter

the locker was about $500, and the gears I purchased used from a private seller. nissan doesn't have a big after market, so these were a little more expensive than for other makes.

I had 14's so I had to upgrade to 15's. I got 15 inch factory alloys and some 30's...

5. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

Nice.

I was thinking of maybe putting a small lift on my truck. Suspension, not body. Just enough to put 30's on my stock 15" rims.

6. Waddup you?

Waddup you? OT Supporter

I like the factory rim look, since it doesn't move the tire/rim combo outside of the wheel well. although, I don't know how the suspension lift will fair since I think it brings the spindle closer to the frame, maybe causing some tire rubbing

7. Alicia817tx

Alicia817tx Guest

i have a 2000 Toyota Tundra , 2WD but still bad ass.

i went to some tuff trails , but it comes down to how big ur tires are , and how willing you are to throw it around to survive in some of the shit i went thru,

and going on trials ur unsure of, bring a 4X4 buddy for assurence..

paul m