Who has the Klipsch 5.1 Digital Dream Multimedia System

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mirrorlure7M, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Mirrorlure7M

Mirrorlure7M OT Supporter

I am looking into getting them I was wondering of anyone on the board has them I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Platium Sound Card..Is that a good combination..

2. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

I don't know about Klipsch's computer audio, but their home audio pieces have a reputation of being "bright"... which you may or may not like. I personally think "bright" is okay :big grin:

Try epinions.com, pricegrabber.com, and newegg.com for reviews from people who've bought the speakers.. ;)

3. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I have the Klipshe system. Its the 5speaker set. 4.1 not the 5.1 but it's basically the same thing.

I love the Klipshe speakers. I don't think they are esp. bright but they are nothing like the audigy 5.1.

I had both surround sound systems at one time and tested both. No comparison what so ever. The audigy sound sounded like it was traveling through a 10 foot tube. There was no question the Klipshe sounded 1000x better.

4. Mirrorlure7M

Mirrorlure7M OT Supporter

Well I have the Sound Blaster Audigy Platium sound card I dont have the speakers I am wanting to get the Klipsch 5.1 so I cant wait they are very expensive it will pronbably be a month before I get them though

5. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Try to get the 4.1's used. I know they had a sale recently at best buy selling them for 180 :eek:. Well, not that recently around Christmas. :rofl: Anyway, if you can get the 4.1's used they are the same speakers without the center speaker. But after all they are just computer speakers. :mad: