Who has good genes and who has shit genes

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by evh, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evh

evh Active Member

I'm kind of curious, after seeing Bateman's thread about his shit genes...

Post a pic of yourself and state if you have good or bad genes...

On that note, how do you even know if you have good or bad genetics?

2. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I'm a malnourished Asian kid, it has its good and bad sides. Take it as you will...

3. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

If I don't eat/lift I shrink down to about 130 lbs. I consider that to be pretty goddamned shitty.

Edit: that's not an excuse for being my size/strenght. I'm damn proud of myself for how far I've come, even though most of the e-hardasses here think I'm small and weak and all that. I could be more dedicated, but I do have other things in my life besides lifting.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  4. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

i don't think you can really tell unless you've been lifting for a good while

5. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

also pretty sure everyone on otfn has low test and shitty genetics

6. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

I just need more test

7. Juke Box Hero

Juke Box Hero Active Member

sounds like an excuse to me, for most people at least. i can blame my genes all day, but if i actually tracked what i was doing im sure im fucking up somewhere.

8. evh

evh Active Member

Yeah, that's how I generally look at it. I don't think I have bad genes, but I don't think I have good ones either, so where does that put me? I really have no opinion on the subject.

My 2 cents on this is exactly yours... most of the people who say they have "shit genes" are probably not eating/training right...

9. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

I'm Asian. Nuff said.

10. Ferrari430

Ferrari430 New Member

Just as an example a friend of mine curls quite a lot more weight than I do, but his arms are pinner. I curl less, but my arms are bigger and just as defined. I got normal genes, he's got shit genes?

11. giz

giz Active Member

there is more to genetics than just you're natural stature. without proper diet and training I walk around at 135lbs but I'm not going to bitch and say my genetics are shitty because I feel like I have good bone structure and shape in general

I'm never going to be a very big guy but whether or not that is a bad thing is completely subjective

12. Naturally I have little twig arms and legs, no natural genetic muscle...at all. I am naturally lean though. I can pretty much eat as dirty as I want and still have pretty decent abs. My metabolism must be pretty damn high. I like my skin too...not sure if you guys here really care about that shit though. :rofl:

13. Drewski

Drewski New Member

most people don't. they just use bad genes as an excuse because they don't have the dedication to diet/training to build muscle otherwise

14. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

:werd:

The 15+ years I've watched people getting trained/trained in martial arts, they all started looking better and they began with all shapes and sizes. MA isn't even focused on looks too.

15. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Bill Ricio tells me that I have superior genes because I'm white. I'm not sure I believe him because I caught my gf fucking 5 black guys. :dunno:

16. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

you could even go as far to narrow it down to race.

Im east indian and most are smaller figured, but my dads 5'11-6 and probably 230-240 pounds. But my moms side of the family are all shorter thne 5'11 and are all smaller.

My cousins are all around the same build as me, but a few of them are like my dad. It really depends i started at 110-115 pounds and am at 130-135 right now.

I dont think it comes to genetics i think it comes down to how you look when you become broly and more on race.

Some races are naturally bigger then others (ie blacks vs asians)

17. energie

:rofl::rofl:

18. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

I'm sorry.

19. energie

no worries, im ligt skinned, grew up with only white ppl cant speak my language and dont get along with most east indians and my parents are the same :mamoru:

oh and i fuck white bitches only

20. NUDES

NUDES New Member

i dont believe you have good genes in the least when it comes to being muscular/lean.. if you did you would be that way without much effort in lifting.

good genes = my friend who lifts 1-2x a week max, maintains 190 lb's @ 13% and benches 315x4, 275x10, etc.. while only lifting for a year or so and again just lifting once or twice a week

good genes = black guy.jpg that eats like shit rarely lifts and looks great. or white guy.jpg same thing, just more rare

elite genes = andy bolton pulling 600 on his first try deadlifting

elite genes = any pro bodybuilder that is on an IFBB stage, any IFSA or WSM strongman, etc

21. I think a lot of Indians are so small (thin) because they are vegetarians, right? (Confirmation from energie?)

22. NUDES

NUDES New Member

now, the reality is that most people will never ever see the day where their "bad" genes truly effects them. because most people have shit diets, shit training, shit sleep, or all 3 combined. and most importantly, MOST people have shit consistency which is the most important thing for any lifting or looks related goal.

23. Black people have good genes though, we can't weasle our ways out of that.

24. energie

A lot from indian are, different followers half different views on it. Alot of the older indians are moreso compared to the newer generation

naa, every indian I've met outside my family is cheap, lazy, and act like typical indians.

The ones with money tend to be abit better but funny thing is they all just recently came to canada.

25. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

So you lost your heritage, same with your parents...

Anyways, what does this have to do with genetics? Are you strong for a 130 pounder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.