Who has a water softener, I need info on one

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Pussysmith, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

I would like to install a water softener for just washing my black 911. I hate water spots. I can't install it on the whole house because we have a very large garden which requires an incredible amount of water to keep up so watering with filtered water makes no sense. Has anyone installed one for just their garage and if so what size and capacity have you had good luck with. What kind of maintenance can I expect to have to give it?

2. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

http://www.pwgazette.com/gardenhosefilters.htm

They sell one that will soften the water, but not eliminate water spots (they actually have tone to eliminate it too I think). I have had good luck with it, our water is horribly hard. All I do is recharge the filter by soaking it in water softner salt. The filter does help.

If you want to eliminate it, you should look into DI water, and prefiltering if you have hard water. Google CRspotless, a few others have gotten it and said it does work as advertised, but is pricey. I am thinking about buying one next year.

The other alternative is to use QEW.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Check around in your area for reverse osmosis filters. I have a customer who has one at home and his warehouse. They get traded out with a new one every few months. I'm going by the warehouse tomorrow, I'll see if I can get the company's name and what the tanks run.

These r/o tanks really work too.

4. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Well I got a tap water filter, some fittings, plumbed it into my hose and bingo. No more water spots. Before the water would almost dry as it touched my paint. Now its not nearly as minerally and after I dry it I don't have tons of crust on the car. The filter I am using is a tap water filter which to my understanding eliminates minerals. I'm pretty sure that this filter will be good for the life of my car too, simply because not that much water will go through it so it is low maintenance too.