GUN Who Feels They Must Have A Sig 1911?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by USMCsilver, Nov 19, 2003.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

I do! I do!

I don't know about y'all, but I can't wait to get my hands on a new Sig GSR! The thing looks like it will rock; not to mention, Sig makes a pretty damn nice handgun (well, and rifles, too).

From what I know, prices will be from $850 for the bargain shopper to $889 average. I have seen the reviews from true 1911 enthusiasts, yet I am anxious to hear from some people who are more of the "hobbiest" and isn't biased towards a Colt.

Sig is entering a tough market here, but I think they will survive. So, which one do you want, stainless or the traditionall badass black?

[​IMG]

2. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I don't think I *must* have one, but I am interested to look at it in person. I kinda like the stainless a bit more. The triggers look pretty sweet, but the accesory rails don't do much for me. It does look like a well built gun, only time will tell.

Are you gonna get one? Maybe you could sell your Wilson and get one of each?

3. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

Looks intersting I would like to read some reviews and see one for myself.

4. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

You know, I have come to the conclusion that the Wilson is not cracked up to what it is supposed to be. Yeah, it is a good pistol, but the pistol I built is on par with the Wilson in EVERY aspect. It is hard to improve on something like the Wilson, but I feel as if I have done that with my little project. We need to meet up so you can try it out, or at least fondle the little bugger.

I am going to get one, but I'm not too sure when. Again, I would like to hear from those who aren't totally loyal to the traditional 1911 makers before I formulate any opinions on the gun. Even better, I'd like to shoot one; and even better than that, I'd like to take one all the way apart. For some reason, I don't see that happening any time soon...

5. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Yeah, we should meet up again sometime soon. I haven't been to any shows lately, I heard the last Char. show wasn't all that great. I would like to check out your 1911 though.

6. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

IIRC, there is a show just before or just after Christmas. If my schedule permits, I would like to get up there then. There is a show in Florence this weekend and I hope to make it there. I won't be buying anything, but it'll be fun to look.

My next project is a suppressor for my AR. That'll probably come before the GSR.

7. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

8. Platinum_Thunder

who want's to meet up with me :x:

9. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Dec. 13-14 is the next show, I might go.

Your AR is already super bad ass, I can't imagine it with a supressor. Do you still plan on getting that MP-5, cause if you do, I'm gonna get a case of ammo just for that. Just give me a call if you want to meet up sometime, PM me if you need my number. I still have your's in my cell. I don't spend much time on GT anymore, I am usually found here on this board. But we should really meet up soon, you need to shoot my AK.

10. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

In for Michigan hunting. Or you could come down here this weekend and watch the Wolverines rip the Buckeyes a new one, cause that's what I will be doing. :bigthumb:

11. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Yeah, I do plan on it. I found one for only $11,000 a few days ago, but I am workin' on payin' down some other stuff right now. If it weren't for other bills, that puppy woulda been mine! Oh well, there will be more... If I don't go with a F/A H&K, then I will just do a SBR with a suppressor. It'll be just as fun...I guess.

I think my AR will rock with a Gemtech suppressor. A nice 3-lug quick detach suppressor is what I am after.

And as far as GT goes, I'm not there much either. Between school and work, I have no time!

I still have your number; I'll call you if I can get off for the show. Did you ever re-up your range membership? Hell, I still owe you a turtle huntin' trip!

12. jrmy

jrmy Guest

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

13. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Actually, I altered my card so I got a year free. But it expires Dec. 26th, and I won't be able to alter the three in 2003 to look like a 4, and I don't have the cash to renew it. But if you come up for the show we can go again for free. I'm still down for some turtle huntin', or whatever huntin when the weather warms up. Just give me a call or email.

14. Platinum_Thunder

I have to work on Sat and CCW class on Sunday :hs:

15. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Guest

I'll stick with my baer :)

16. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

i'd hit it. :naughty: But my next 1911 will hopefully be something some guy named Yam has worked over. :x:

17. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

hey, USMCsilver, have you checked out advanced armament? i haven't looked at the very latest gemtech cans, but at last checking, AAC had one up on them with the M4-2000. it's 34 decibels of reduction, and it'll take like 300-400 rds. of full-auto straight before heating up enough to crap out.

http://www.advancedarmament.com/m4.html

their main engineer used to be one of the engineers for gemtech, so...it usually seesaws between which of the two has the better cans. one will get one up, then the other. last i checked, AAC had one up on gemtech.

18. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Guest

my dad has a gemtech :o

19. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

i Really like it in black, the grip does it for me :o

there are too many nice guns :hs:

20. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Yep, sure have. I was actually discussing that this weekend w/ a CII Manufacturer. He was talking about them, AWCs, and Gemtechs. In his NSHO, he said that Gemtech QC wasn't the greatest and AAC had its ups and downs. I can't recall who he said he perferred, but those weren't it.

I also talked to him about a can for my P22 now that I have mine up and running again. He talked about the cheap ones on the web that could be had for $150, but said that they are one piece and uncleanable. His, for $425 are supposed to be superb -- go figure. Not to mention, I would have to pay another $50 for the threaded barrel nut.

We'll see. I think I may get a suppressor for a Christmas gift from my wife, but I'm not sure if I want one for the AR or for the Walther. Who knows...

21. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

I'm trying to decide what to get next....If stick with another 1911 it'll probably be a kimber. The one I have is a Colt.

22. dranor

dranor Guest

MEMEMEMEMEMEME.

I currently swap between carrying a Kimber Compact and a SIG 225. I'm hoping for the best of both worlds, SIG quality and reliability with the 1911 feel and wonderful trigger.