Who else to ask but the Pro's.....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Bossy Queen, May 2, 2008.

1. Bossy Queen

Bossy Queen New Member

I took my 2001 Lincoln in for a complete detail yesterday (5/1) morning, when I called to check when it would be ready they said not till today(5/2) after noon. I stopped by to see how it was going and found it sitting parked beside the building and the detail guy was working in the drive through wash and wax stall :squint:

Do I pass it off as bad management of the staff, do i have a ligit gripe? and what would you charge for a car this size? or is it all based on how much time it takes you? and how do i know it actually took the amount of time they are saying/charging.

Thank you.

2. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

Bad time management, poor scheduling, another employee called out- could be anything. But I do think you have a right to complain, it's not as if the job requires 9 hours of labor (in an 8 hour day) or that their waiting on the parts department.

And '2001 Lincoln' could be an LS or Navigator- doesn't help us without an estimate of condition. 2,4,6 hours :dunno:

The only times I've kept a car overnite was either by customer request, it was dropped off at the end of the day, or it really needed that much work (i.e. wetsand + full detail).

3. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Like Morgan said above, it can be all those and more. I base it off the size of the vehicle to start with and then the severity. Big details only need 4-5 hours.....most are 3 and never over 6. I have not once in 3 years had to keep one overnight. If it's that bad I'll come back and I better be getting paid well for it!

Let us know what is included and for how much. If they it would be done at certain time, then it should be. I can understand an hour or two but a whole day is crazy.

Give us some more details.......(sorry for the pun.)

4. Bossy Queen

Bossy Queen New Member

well it was a full detail inside and hand wash and wax outside, seems it was poor scheduling and they kept calling him to do other work rather than work on my car.
    It cost me $195.00 and I'm happy with the work so far, but it really wasn't that bad to begin with. The carpets turned out very nice, but i think i am going to get rubber mats to put in to protect the carpet.

btw, on the title it just says Lincoln Cont. 4 door, there is no LS or anything else.

Finally got to pick it up at 5pm, so basically he had it two days.
    I will think twice about going there again, it is not fun asking for rides to and from work.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

They should have been upfront with you and told you to bring it in the next day if they couldn't get to it the first day.

Some details can take an insane amount of time if the vehicle is trashed or the owner wants the car perfect. I've spent 6-8 hours just working the paint on a few cars and that is with a rotary, although it sounds like your car didn't need any major polishing.

When I was down in Austin a few weeks ago, just to polish out an Accord coupe took me 3 1/2 hours...but as you can see, it needed a lot of polishing...

[​IMG]

6. Bossy Queen

Bossy Queen New Member

Thank you everyone for your responses.