Who did I need to call at GM to have my '05 GTO fixed?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Slappy3243, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

I just gone done talking with the Pontiac service department. While a history of the ABS code was stored, they could NOT fix it because they tested the wheel sensor (that is what the code pointed too) and it was working just fine. So the manager basically said unless they can prove that it is broken, they cannot do anything. I explained to the manager that this is unacceptable since this is a major safety issue. When the light comes on, I have neither ABS or traction control. He said he would call the district manager or whomever he had to call and he was still refused. He felt bad that he couldn't replace the sensor or hub and I understand that. GM is not letting him do it basically. GM would rather risk my life then replace a damn part. I know GM is hurting right now but that is ridiculous. Does anybody here have a number I can call or an email address for GM corporate? He said to try to contact them but didn't have the number on him. This is going to get resolved one way or the other. Thanks for the help.

**Update as of 8/15**
    I just spoke with the service manager. He seemed like a cool guy and was genuinely interested with my concerns. He said he is going to call "district" and talk to them about getting the part replaced. He says they are usually good at working with him. I should hear back from him on Monday at the latest.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

I don't know anyone within GM you can call about this. You either have to work through the dealer or go to a different dealer.

3. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

I found this: http://wwww23.pontiac.com/help/contact/

I am going to ask to talk to the general manager tomorrow and see where that gets me. I am also going to ask them to make a note on the service record that in no way will the malfunctioning sensor pose a risk to the operation of my vehicle, safety of myself and my passengers, and others on public roadways. Maybe that will change their tune? I sure hope so. Thanks for chiming in. :)

4. AlbinoMuntjac

AlbinoMuntjac New Member

I'd like to hear how this all turns out.

5. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

it's not like you can't drive without ABS or TC so 'risking your life' is a bit of a stretch....but they should handle this better

6. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

Well let's just say that them releasing the car to me knowing that I have a malfunctioning wheel sensor that is causing my ABS and traction control to shut down will not help my safety on the road :).

7. you know me

wat

8. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

Don't know what to tell you. Reread it I guess?

9. you know me

what does them releasing a car to you with no abs/tc have to do with your safety? If you're that bad of a driver that you need abs/tc sell the car and buy a base civic...ah fuck you live in the same state I do.

10. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

Then why does the car come with ABS and traction control to begin with? It is the principle of the matter. ABS has been proven to provide greater control of a vehicle when braking. By releasing the car to me with my ABS malfunctioning, they are acknowledging that my risk of losing control under hard braking is increased. Regardless, the issue has to be fucking fixed. I paid a lot of money for this car and they will fix this shit under warranty.

Also, I don't car about traction control honestly. My Firehawk doesn't have it. The ABS is honestly a concern for me though, especially if it fails as the wrong time and I don't have time to start pumping the pedal like my '05 GTO is really a '69 GTO.

Also, I am asking them to write down that the lack of ABS does not pose a risk. If they feel like you do and that I do not need ABS, they should have no problem releasing the car to me :dunno:.

11. you know me

well, drive like a normal human being and you won't have a problem, but feel free to read where I wrote that the way it was being handled sucks balls.

12. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

I will make sure to enhance my telepathic abilities to know when that truck is gonna run the red light and I will need all of the controlled braking I can get to avoid a wreck ;).

Also, I hate hearing the sound and seeing the fucking ABS light on the instrument panel :dunno:.

13. mtnbikekid08

mtnbikekid08 Aime-moi moins, mais aime-moi longtemps

you're a retard if you can't do controlled braking.
    Never buy a motorcycle

14. apollotrance1

apollotrance1 Active Member

Try another dealer or just drive close to the current dealer and wait for it to come on

15. MeanGreen

MeanGreen New Member

I have a spool and no ABS, what the problem is

16. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

I agree that it should be fixed if it is still under warranty but you make it sound like you are driving a death trap and it is all their fault if you get into an accident.

:rolleyes:

17. SilverTurtle

SilverTurtle New Member

call 1-800-222-1020 and follow the prompts to let them know that you have a problem with your car... this is actually the Chevrolet line, but I'm betting you can lodge a complaint about your GTO just like I lodged one about the halo panels on my Camaros and Firehawk... once its documented and in the system, if you call enough, they'll fix it.

honestly, they should have started with the sensor and then worked back to the control module... if they didn't do this, and whoever the regional manager is didn't authorize it, you need to go over their heads... I used to work warranty/guarantee for GM and I can promise you that the way they described it to you is NOT the way the process works... they have the option of making things right and then seeking compensation later for their work... in this case, you obviously were given the stiff arm because they didn't want to have to eat the work.

good luck.

18. you know me

I'd say you're in idiot but VA drivers fucking suck so you maybe right. but here's an idea change your driving habits a bit till the thing gets fixed. And once again, since you seem to be slow, they need to do a better job of fixing your car

19. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

Jesus fucking christ. You guys just do not seem to get the point. For what it's worth, I was born in NY and only moved to VA over the last few years. I can drive cars. I have no problem with my 400 HP GTO or my 350 HP Firehawk. I accidents and I have 1 fucking speeding ticket. The point is, GM is giving me the usual run around and I am not gonna stand for that shit. Their solution is to simply cycle the car and hope the light goes away when this happens. This is not a fucking 1995 F-body. I want the car fixed properly. Also, how should I change my driving habits so I am 100% certain that I will never need to use my ABS? :ugh:.

Why can't some of you retards understands this?

20. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

Is it that bad to want functioning ABS on a $30k car? :ugh:

21. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

A fucking '07 from texas, why am I not surprised? Don't worry, no plans to buy a motorcycle.

22. you know me

thanks for proving your failed reading comp as a kid

23. 396Hawk

396Hawk Active Member

Did you read the first part of my comment?

24. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

I dropped off the car with the light on! However a tech was not there at the time but the guy who took my car put it on my service record. It doesn't matter anyway since the computer stores the codes and they can see what is going on.

25. Slappy3243

Slappy3243 Ello?

Look, I know the car does not become an instant death trap with no ABS. However, it doesn't help me at all. If the service manager (I am going to see him when he gets in) will put in writing that the car is perfectly safe to drive and the ABS not functioning will put me at no greater risk, then I will accept that an move on to contacting GM directly. I would much rather get this dealt with at the dealer level. Sorry for jumping on you but fucking dealerships piss me off to no end :mad:.