Who Are You?, why you love detailing...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by NorthPac, Mar 7, 2005.

1. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

I seen this ideal on other BBS to start a thread on talking about what people do for a living and about their passion for detailing?
    I will start and I hope others will follow
    :)

Who am I?
    Steven I'm 49 years old self-employed workaholic, I live in Northern Calf where the big Redwood trees grow and the beautiful Mendocino Coast.

What do i do?

Been into Pro Landscape Maintenance for 15 years, now I'm into auto detailing for the past 2 years and I'm real good at it and trying to make a living out of it, not that easy to do, it's customer relations that I need to focus on:o, I'm the only Detailer in town

Why do i love detailing

Born in Aug 30 makes me Virgo, I'm perfectionist I love detailing, detailing comes natural to me I'm good at it thanks to the BBS's on the net. Got into Detailing because could not make a living in this small town by doing just Landscape Maintenance and I hope that Detailing can be a full time job some day. I find the detailing is much harder work then Landscape Maintenance.

What do i drive.

02 Ford Ranger 4x4 leather seats, 03 Interstate 5x16 enclosed trailer has my Detailing sign on it, both are white in color

Hobbies

Friends, beer, traveling to new places and meeting new people, Rc cars, The Internet, Hosting two web sites as being a webmaster, writing PERL & CGI scripts

2. Sonar_un

Sonar_un Prowler Orange

Who am I?
    Steven I'm a 24 year old working man. I live in Houston, Tx, the concrete jungle.

What do i do?

I am a computer networking / repair / overall tech guy. Who also enjoys working on vehicles at any given chance.

Why do i love detailing

The satisfaction that it gives when you have completed good work and the look of awe that people get when you drive by them with an incredibly shiny car.

What do i drive.

1986 Prowler Orange Trans Am, 1989 Red Camaro RS, 2000 Hyundai Sonata (Wife's car)

Hobbies

Tech related stuff, Cars, Computers, Guitar, Astronomy..

3. black 3g

black 3g Guest

Who am I?
    Eric. I am a 23 yr old man who is stationed in arkansas, but originally from indiana.

What do i do?
    I am an aircraft mechanic in the USAF. i love my job. it is very rewarding to see an aircraft fly after you've fixed it.

Why do i love detailing
    I may have a bit of OCD. I just love a clean car, and with mine being black, I have to work pretty hard at keeping her shiny. It also shows others that you take pride in ownership of a vehicle. Theres not much that I hate more than a brand new car that is filthy.

What do i drive.
    2004 Audi A4 3.0 6spd. Like I mentioned before, she is black. Came with the sport package, infotainment package, and the winter package.

Hobbies

Anything car related(working on them, racing them, detailing them, etc..), watching movies, and the internet.

4. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

Who am I?
    Neil. I'm a 21 year old from Houston, Texas.

What do i do?
    I'm a full-time college student and part time to full time detailer. I mostly do show cars and race cars in the motorsports scene.

Why do i love detailing
    It is a job that I love to do and not having a higher authority figure watching me is even better. Detailing is a niche I found after doing my car and then expanding it to show cars. I love seeing a car that is like a mirror. damn sexy. Also this summer, I am the official detailer of Formula Drift series and get to travel cross country and watch drifting competitions. :)

What do i drive.
    I drive a 2004 Honda Element 2wd EX.

Hobbies
    On the side I am a freelance photographer and I love to shoot pool. I love to travel when I get a chance.

5. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

Who am I?
    I'm Brent. A 25 year old single white male in search of dirty sex with hot women.

What do I do?
    I'm a Supplier Quality Engineer. I make sure that all the down components (engines, transmissions, hydraulics) that we buy work properly. I beat up companies that send us shitty product.

Why do I love detailing
    I'm a wanna-be elitist snob. I like driving my car to work and having people tell me how good it looks. I like people stopping by my desk to ask me advice on detailing.

What do I drive?
    A 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Hobbies
    Detailing, home-reno, sports car photography, anything to do with computers. Drinking Guinness and going to Irish Pubs.