white sticky stuff

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by soul assassin, Aug 14, 2002.

1. soul assassin

soul assassin GTR eater

NO it's not what you perverts are thinking of!
    you know that white sheet of platic they tape to cars when they transport em? namely the hood and roof?
    well the dealer ripped some off and some is literally melted on there and won't come off. what is the best way with out damaging the paint obvisuly to get the rest off?

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

My first suggestion without seeing it is to try to heat it up with a heat gun and then try to peel it off. If it's all fucked up, take it back to the dealer.

I know Scott's advice when one buys a new car: don't let them do ANYTHING to it, leave all the wrappers and everything on it. Let's you know you're getting a clean start.

3. addifan

addifan Guest

I wouldn't have taken delivery if I saw that. But I agree with EMT, try and heat it up.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Like EMT said and addifan agreed to, use a heat gun to loosen the stuff, peel it off, then use a light polish to remove any residue. If you have a hard time getting it off, make the dealer do it-and make sure you are there when they remove it so you can make sure they do not use a buffer with a wool pad on your car. They love to do that shit for some dumb reason and leave you with a car full of swirls.