White Flakes on black paint

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by dator, Sep 18, 2007.

1. dator

dator Silver Member

My paint looks like it has some white almost snow flake size looking spots on the Spoiler and the T-top middle piece. They seem to almost be under the clear coat. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Ive tried polish i didn't go too hard with it but it seemed to do nothing.

The pics look worse than it actually is but it's still quite annoying and i dunno what to do about it

Sorry the car is a bit dirty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. dator

dator Silver Member

Done that also...doesnt toutch it.

My car was once white, do you think its the white coming trough the black? Ill be pissed if it is

Though the t-top piece is not normally painted and is usually a plastic black so it never had white under it before, and it looks the same as the spoiler

3. dator

dator Silver Member

Wax every 2-4 months, polish 2x a year :hsd:

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Could they be stone chips?

5. dator

dator Silver Member

as in stones hitting them? no way. I don't park under any trees or near high buildings either. My car is washed once a week so its not sap laying no there

The surface is very very smothe, i believe the problem is under the clear coat

6. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

working on car lots.. i pretty much seen everything. i dont know what it is but i seen cars like that before. its hard to tell from pictures unless i see it in person and feel it, but if clay, polish, compound, doesnt get it out.. its pretty much permanant. it looks like something acidy like bird droppings splattered on your car and ate through. try wetsanding it to see if it'll reduce it (be careful buffing out the wetsanding marks on plastic tho, go slow). is it only on your wing or do you see some on the trunk or other panels too?

you say you got your car repainted.. do you mean the whole car or just the wing?