Which would you use?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JasonKnight, Aug 19, 2007.

1. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

Well I am working on getting one of my older PC's up and running again so my little sister has something to do her homework on, and to play her older tycoon games that she loves so much.

It is a 700MHz Celeron and I already have two 256 sticks of ram comming and a 10GB HD to stick into it. and will use onboard video and share the 512 ram (not bad since It used to chare from two 64MB sticks)

This is the PC.

[​IMG]

Well i decided to take it a step farther and customize it to make it more for her, I painted it her favorite color

sorry for the crappy pictures taken with my 8125 1.3MP camera

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I have 98 SE (but will not work with Office 2003)
    Windows 2000 Pro
    and XP Professional

I want it to run semi quick for her which is why I am leaning torwards the windows 2000 Pro but what would youguys recommend.

and I will not post pics of my sister, she is only 12...

The other thing I need help with is there anything that will fit into that small space next to the serial input??? it looks like the right size for a floppy drive, but I already have one... I would like front USB anything like that?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

XP will run but might be laggy. Win2k should be fine.

Why not do this; put in XP and see how it runs and if it is in-fact too laggy then kill it and put 2k on there.

3. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

cause i can get lazy sometimes, lol

plus I have had nohting but trouble with XP int he past, maybe it is best just to stick with what I know will work.