GUN which would you get?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AtHomeInSpace, Sep 27, 2004.

?

which gun would you get if you had the money

1. desert eagle .44/.50 combo

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. socom 16 .308

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. im thinkin bout getting another gun, and the shop i went to had a black mr desert eagle .44mag for $1200 and the .50 barrel/mag for an extra $450

or a socom 16 .308
    [​IMG]
    (minus scope)

both are roughly the same price out the door

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

My friend has a DE .44 that can swap out a .50.. its a cool gun, but not practical.. ammo is hella expensive and it has to be rebuilt every 1500rds... its a great attention getter at the range though.

3. they didnt say that at the shop... are rebuilds expensive, and is that because of the gas operation?

4. blazing187

blazing187 Guest

desser eeez

5. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I dont know how much the rebuilt kit is, but he said that it has to be rebuilt every 1500rds.... he was about to do his. They are more of an attention getting gun.. At the range last time we had guys coming over to see what the "BOOM" was.. it was funny the guy next to us had a Walther P22 and kept cringing and stopped shooting everytime we started... we had 4-5 guys come over to check out the DEAGLE.... its great for that, but I wouldnt get one for an everyday shooter..

6. monolith

monolith My soul grows ever weary and the end is ever near. OT Supporter

I agree.

l was at the range last week and someone was shooting a Eagle. Everytime he shot a round I felt a blast of air on my face and I was standing about 20 feet away from him...it was ridiculous. Sure your going to get a lot of attention but it just isn't a practical weapon.

7. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

It would be very expensive to shoot 1500 rounds of .44 and even more expensive to shoot that much .50AE.
    I hear the Scout is actually better than the SOCOM, but please give us a range report after you buy the SOCOM.

8. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

the SOCOM without a shadow of a doubt.

Desert Birds are cool for impressing your boys.... but if I wanted a ghetto type gun I would get a pre 1982 KG-9 or Mac 10 (both are open bolt.... if u know what that means ;)

9. Jefferson Darcy

cool ghetto blasters:

[​IMG]

I know what that looks like, a jam-o-matic Tec 9. BUt its not. It is the predeccessor to the tec-9... the KG-9. The original design as seen above fires from an open bolt. THe Tec-9 is a jam-o-matic because it fires from a closed bolt with a shitty design (the design was never intended to fire from a closed bolt) the reason they were made with closed bolts is because the open bolt versions were banned by ATF in the early 80s because they are too easy to convert to full auto. the ones already out were grandfathered. The above is one of them

[​IMG]

same goes for the Mac 10 open bolt. from what I understand, put a magnet on teh grip directly behind the trigger (to stop it from going back all the way when pulled) and BRDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!

10. copiertalk

copiertalk Secure Our Borders! OT Supporter

NY lets you have those? i would have thought they would be banned in New York?

11. Jefferson Darcy

those arent mine.... but actually those would be fine in NY because they are pre ban (from the early 80s actually). NY has an AWB that is a carbon copy of the dead federal one.

also cops are exempt from NYS weapons laws... but the dealers are still being gay about ordering "no ban" stuff for us. Basically saying that the exemption is for duty use only... which it clearly DOES NOT say in the law.

12. copiertalk

copiertalk Secure Our Borders! OT Supporter

[which it clearly DOES NOT say in the law.
    [​IMG]

i do not think most of them know what is law, thats the way it is here. nice guns though. sorry they are not yours. sorry they are not mine as well.