Which Wireless Company to go with?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AsianRage, Sep 25, 2002.

1. AsianRage

AsianRage Know about Media Ventures?

Well, my contract with SprintPCS will be over come the end of October. I want to change company to Cingular but my friend who has it doesn't like it very much. My other friend recommend Verizon. I'm okay with Sprint but Does any one have any ideas? and other choices? I'm open to options :) :wavey:

2. SFLegend

SFLegend .

Don't go with Cingular. Most of the time when I get calls, they eventually get dropped or there's static during most of the conversation. Even with four out of four bars on my phone, the calls sound crappy sometimes. I'm probably going to go with AT&T once the contract I have with Cingular is over.

3. Garage Battle

Garage Battle "She sprayed the playa@#she sprayed the pimp#! OT Supporter

AT&T if u dont mind archaic phones....but seriously...5165 owns everything for reception, battery life, price, and easy of use

4. AsianRage

AsianRage Know about Media Ventures?

So what about the service of AT&T? What about the 5165? What model is that? I've been hearing alot of crappy stuffy about Cingular soo they're not in my consideration...

5. SFLegend

SFLegend .

This is the Nokia 5165. AT&T is started to use a GSM network so the phones shouldn't be that bad anymore. I heard AT&T has good coverage. That means more areas you can talk in, less dropped calls, and static.

6. sirsexy9

sirsexy9 GSUS OT Supporter

I love my AT&T phone.....as well it has the best reception in San Diego..What you should do is ask around people will tell you if they like their cell phone and their plan in the area you live in......

7. jedimasterELMO

jedimasterELMO Beer, boards, and Android

:werd:
    oh, i really hate Cingular. crappy reception, dropped calls, static... :rant: that is all

8. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

I love AT&T also.

check out howardforums.com for other opinions.

9. gambit32

gambit32 Guest

For the record, I have verizon wireless, and I've been using them since 1998. Ive only had one problem with the service. I lived right on the hudson river (say, 100 feet) so I was getting signals from B-side providers on the west side of the hudson, which made my phone continually think it was in roam mode. I had to lock it to "home" when I was in Poughkeepsie.

Verizon has been great for me though.

10. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

I didn't like how verizon's billing system worked.

11. gambit32

gambit32 Guest

What problems are you running into with that? I had a regular verizon wireless bill for three years, but since im now moved into the area, ive got it coming in over one bill with my home service.

12. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

There was nothing wrong with it. I just didn't like paying for the bill one month in advance. It just made things complicated to the point where the CS I was talking to didn't even know what they were talking about. Take for example the month before the last month my contract was over, I spoke to CS service and they told me that my bill would be twice as much. But if all my bills were paid in advanced one month. My last month I shouldn't have to pay anything except for the time I went over in that month and the taxes. CS told me I was wrong in thinking that and I was got into a heated discussion with the rep. When my bill finally came I was right. I didn't have to pay for the last month. I've always liked how the billing with AT&T works. You get the bill for the previous month after it's over. You pay the monthly fee, the taxes, and then the minutes over or long distance after the fact.

13. V

V Corrupt and Immoral

my friends who have cingular and verizon hate them. i have at&t and i really like it. i like my phone too. i dont have a problem with the reception anywhere unless im underground. i think sprint's coverage is a bit more extensive, but if you are dropping sprint, go at&t for sure.

14. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Stay away from anything GSM if you live in the US. Verizon has the most reliable network of any of the US cellular providers. It also covers the most area, by far.

If you happen to live in Europe, Vodafone is the way to go.