Which to get... or both?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NovedYarg, Aug 10, 2006.

1. NovedYarg

NovedYarg Drinks Their Kool-Aid

2. NovedYarg

Anyone have the InvisiShield?

3. Rev. Johnny Vegas

Rev. Johnny Vegas Rectal Ventriloquist

Protection Pack.

I bought the Invisible Shield first and for one it is very high gloss and ruins the matte look of the computer. It is also next to fucking impossible to get on well - positioned right and no bubbles. I tried about 4 times to get various pieces of the fucking thing on and finally gave up. I threw the thing in the trash out of frustration. Wasted $50.

I turned around and bought the Protection Pack next. Got the wrist protection on first shot.

If you want a very thin sleeve to protect the outside of the laptop, get the Sleevz from Radtech (www.radtech.us). I have one for both my MB and PB and they rock.

4. NovedYarg

Thanks Rev. :bigthumb:

I was looking at the Protection Pack on your recommendation btw. Seems you were thinking along the same lines as I in regards to the InvisiShield.

I really want some kind of keyboard protection that's transparent and fits to the keys so I can keep it on and use the keyboard as opposed to the mircrofiber protector in the Protection Pack. Any suggestions?

5. Rev. Johnny Vegas

I don't know of any product out there that protects the actual keys. My primary concern is protecting the area to the sides of the trackpad where your wrists/bottom of hands rest.

The microfiber is nice because it'll protect the screen from the keys when its closed and makes a great monitor wipe too. :big grin:

6. NovedYarg

I guess I'll go ahead and order it or can the Marware products or something very similar be purchased at CompUSA or Best Buy?

7. Rev. Johnny Vegas

I had to order directly from Marware, but they got the product here in under a week. Same for Radtech. I don't think any brick and mortar places carry those types of specialized products.