Which SD Card?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nucklearknight, Jan 4, 2009.

1. nucklearknight

nucklearknight New Member

My friend's brother gave me his old laptop because it had a blue screen problem and he got a new one. So I now have a Dell M1210 which I just got and, though I haven't reformatted, booted into Backtrack 3 off my USB drive. I found out that I can use the wireless card in it to test wireless security like WEP since it supports packet injection which is awesome. However I also like using Backtrack 3 on a daily basis. I want to put it on a SD card so and just keep it in the SD slot so when I feel like using it I don't have to have a USB drive sticking out of the side. Can anybody recomend me a SD card that I can use for this? I really don't know too much about them since I have really never dealt with them. I just want a fast one that will work with my machine and that I can boot backtrack 3 from. Suggestions?

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Any SD card should work. It's really up to the BIOS whether or not you can boot from it.

Failing all else, you could get a CompactFlash card with a PCMCIA adaptor, and boot from that. Or you could partition off a little chunk of the hard disk and use the Windows boot loader to let you choose to boot from it.

3. nucklearknight

nucklearknight New Member

Ok I'll check out the bios and see what I can find.
    It's a Dell XPS M1210