GUN Which pistols have .22 conversions made for them?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Grouch, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Grouch

Grouch Guest

renting guns is expensive so I was talking to the guy at the range today and he said I should look into just a .22 for target use, since I dont care about home defense or get something with a .22 conversion kit. He mentioned Glock. I've fired a few glocks. To me they seemed fine so I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with that brand. But are there any others I should look at before I really start looking to buy one?

2. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

You can get conversion kits for 1911s so that they'll fire either .22lr or their other caliber (usually .45ACP) Then you have an excellent setup for target shooting and in less than 30 seconds it shoots a much more powerful load for defensive purposes.

If you're JUST looking for a .22, check the classifieds at www.rimfirecentral.com there are always .22 pistols being listed there. The Ruger Mark I / II / III series have an excellent reputation, and even new they're under $300 unless you want stainless. :)

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Ruger Mark I/II/III
    Buckmark
    and I think there's a kit for a Sig Mosquito but I'm not sure

4. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

SO, are you looking for strictly 22 caliber handguns or handguns that come in other calibers, but have the option of a 22 conversion?

5. Grouch

Grouch Guest

I dunno. Either way I'm spending ~400 or more. I think having a larger caliber would be fun but saving money on ammo is great too.

6. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Glocks have .22 conversions available for them.

I would just get a .22 pistol, that is what I did, I have a 1911 and bought a Ruger 22/45 for $300 for cheaper shooting

7. Gimik

Gimik New Member

but if you don't care about home defense and are only going to shoot .22 through it, why get something other than a .22?

8. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

You can get conversions for 1911's, beretta's, taurus's, hi-powers, and glocks. Personally I'd just get a ruger MK I/II/III or a 22/45

9. mvizos

mvizos New Member

I like my sig mosquito, don't forget the beretta neos (although some are put off by the nintendo light gun looks)