Which of these statements describes your beliefs about people cheating

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Mar 18, 2010.

?

Pick the statement that best describes how you feel about people?

1. I believe that anyone will cheat given the right cirumstances, however rare the circumstances may be

31 vote(s)
    33.7%
  2. I believe there are some people who will not cheat regardless, based on principle

61 vote(s)
    66.3%
  1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Pick the one that aligns with how you think other people are.

These two choices are mutually exclusive so I don't want any bullshit "oh boo hoo why wasn't some other choice listed" :rofl:

If you think anyone will cheat under the right circumstances, pick choice #1.

If you don't think that is the case for everyone, pick #2.

The only other possible option is "I don't believe anyone will cheat ever" but there was no reason to put that up there :rofl:

Clarification of terms in post #11.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  2. poz

poz New Member

Given the right circumstances, I think everyone will cheat at least once imo. :dunno:

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I believe that anyone will cheat given the right circumstances, however rare the circumstances may be.

4. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

1 billion dollars, or threatening to kill someone would make anyone cheat, though neither are going to happen.

5. CalicoJackie

CalicoJackie New Member

Do any of you think, "Once a cheater, always a cheater," or do you think people can change? However, if you love someone you make sure not to put yourself in that kind of situation.

6. john law

john law Guest

I would never cheat on a SO. If someone is going to place their trust in me, I'm not going to hurt them.

It really isn't that hard to say, "I don't want to be with you anymore", then move on to the next person.

7. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I was going to put that, but I think that probably constitutes rape.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Make your own poll :bigthumb:

Once a cheater always a cheater even tho the Vag will try to convince you otherwise.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

motherfucker, you know what i mean :fawk:

10. poz

poz New Member

I believe that statement. I also believe (this goes along with it) that if a girl cheats on her boyfriend with you, she's bound to cheat on you with someone else.

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

wow, the Vag is optimistic so far.

"rare circumstances" = like drunk, on vacation, absolute confirmed zero percent chance of getting caught/STD/pregnant, with a 10/10 person who wants to do whatever your deepest darkest fantasy is, etc. Like a "perfect storm" scenario.

Of course, some people cheat for much less :rofl:

It doesn't mean $1B or threatening murder.

12. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Human nature says yes, you will cheat.

13. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

I've never cheated. :o

14. john law

john law Guest

Cheating is a sign of mental weakness.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

And some people aren't is capable of having momentarily lapses of mental weakness?

16. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Yes.

It all comes down to one thing: self control. First of all, not putting yourself in a situation where you'd be tempted to cheat (at least, not purposely putting yourself in those situations), and when you find yourself in such a situation unintentionally, have the ability to stop yourself from crossing the line and either simply saying "no" and changing the course of events, or better yet leave the situation as soon as possible.

People who cheat even once lack self control on at least some level, which isn't really something that they can change -- they'll always have that quality lacking to some degree. A one-time cheater might well be able to change to the extent that they wouldn't actively seek out opportunities to cheat and try to avoid those situations, but in situations where they're presented with the opportunity unexpectedly, it isn't likely they'll stop things once they get started (can't pull away from a kiss before it turns into "oh shit I came in you without a condom" for example).

Bottom line is, I don't think every person lacks self control on some level where relationships are concerned -- I know I would never cheat on an SO, regardless of the situation. It just isn't in me to behave that way toward someone I care about.

17. john law

john law Guest

Only the weak have "momentarily lapses".

18. john law

john law Guest

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I wish I was as eloquent as you. You put my thoughts into words. Excellent post.

19. CalicoJackie

CalicoJackie New Member

Truly. :h5:

20. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

There are definitely people who will NEVER cheat based on principle, but they are very few.

21. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Given the right circumstances it is possible for even the most dedicated and monogamous person to cheat. It's not about being awesome and never succumbing, it's about not putting yourself in positions that could lead you to cheat.

I would like to think that pushed hard enough I would never cheat on my husband but life sucks and I know that there are some circumstances where I could find myself contemplating it. It's my job as a wife to make sure that we never get to the point where we start turning outside for comfort. That way the chances of us feeling vulnerable around other people and letting our guard down is likely never to happen.

I know what to watch for. My husband knows what to watch for. We both know what it is like to want so much more from your partner than what you are currently getting and how a little bit of attention can fill a hole.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  22. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

This.

I was at one time a person who always said ZOMG I WOULD NEVER CHEAT!!... I cheated. My parents have one of the healthiest relationships I've ever seen. If I think of a definition of people in love, I think of them. Guess what? Mom cheated on my dad 5 years ago or so. Obviously there were some CRAZY circumstances leading up to that, but that's just an example of how, given the right circumstances, I believe even the most dedicated and monogamous person would cheat.

I don't think that ANYONE can say honestly that they would NEVER cheat. I believe they just simply haven't been presented with the right situation to cheat. Maybe they never will, but I believe GIVEN the right situation, EVERYBODY would cheat.

Obviously, I don't like the fact that I've cheated. I don't like the fact that my mom has cheated on my dad. I've came a long way since then, and I like to think that by being blunt, honest, and up front about anything thats bothering me to my SO that I will no longer allow myself to be in a situation where cheating is an option. Everyone fucks something up sometime... it's about learning to admit your faults, figure out what made you so vulnerable in the first place, and then taking action to ensure you're never in that situation again.

At least, that's my $0.02.

EDIT: pretty much what miss kitty just said :rofl::rofl: damn ninja edit :squint:

23. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

dawt

24. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

:h5:

25. infinite.purple

infinite.purple New Member

i personally have cheated, but i like to believe that there are MUCH better people than me out there in the world :hs: