WEB Which of these is best for SEO?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Falconer, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

this was on wickedfire with no replies. I wanted to post it here since I am about to do something similar.

2. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

chances are all your sites are hosted on your hostgator IP and google is going to lol at you for trying to scam them

3. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

he is talking about starting up some blogs on those free blog sites

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It specifically mentioned that they're not hosted on the same account or IP. So assume it's either free blogs or a bunch of crap spanning multiple IPs.

5. hank85

hank85 sudo shred /dev/sda -f -v -z --iterations=6

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Create tiers of domains. Lower level tiers link amongst themselves at random. Then to the tier above. Upper tiers never link down to lower tiers. As the tier levels increase the horizontal links should decrease. 1 out of 5 domains should link to money site and all of the domains directly below money site should link to it. Money site will not link out to to tiers.

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

So this:

[​IMG]

(edit - forgot an arrow going from the upper right one to the middle tiers but you get the idea)

But it seems like to become feasible you would need way more than 6 sites. Otherwise the extra little PR you're getting from 2 tiers is negligible right? Besides I hear that PR isn't necessarily correlated with SERP placement. Is that correct?

In other words, I see how structuring tiers would be beneficial if you had 1,000s of sites, but I don't think I have the resources to do that, plus I'm trying to keep things white hat and I don't think 1,000s of blogs with spun variants of the same article are G friendly (nor can I host 1,000s of blogs on different IPs).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  7. hank85

6 domains will be enough to get you to the top of weak competition in serps. But if you're going for something like "debt consolidation loans" or "teeth whitening" (i dont know, i'm just pulling these out of my ass) you will needs many more.

The thing is, if you consider each domain a money site where you can have some sort of revenue coming in, even if it's $50/month and you've got 6 domains below your money site that are making $50 and cost you about $10/month to run.

Edit: Yes, you've got the general idea with your post above.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I may put adsense on the blogs if the free hosts allow it :dunno: but that might take them away from going to my money site.

Also, if I have adsense on all those blogs, and then google analytics on my money site, they're both tied to the same account. Will G realize that they're all mine??

9. hank85

This might be my conspiracy theorist talking but I like to keep Google way out of this kind of thing. No adsense, no analytics, no webmaster tools etc. etc.

Or make separate accounts for each domain. I can't answer this because I have no concrete knowledge. This is what I do and I have no reason for doing it other than I'd rather be safe than sorry and not have a bunch of dead domains on my hands.

Been working out fine for me.

10. LowClass

LowClass New Member

Ideally link out to the target site from the relevant content. Is your goal to gather PR on the other sites and pass it through as well as traffic? Or is it blog sites to throw users into a sales funnel and the main site is where the pitch is at? There are many many different strategies to go at it depending on what you are going for.

And i do not care what anyone says, yes for the time being, PR effects rankings.