Which of these decks should I get?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by El Patrón, May 30, 2006.

1. El Patrón

El Patrón New Member

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

if those are the only choices... then it's a toss up between the panasonic, and the equits.

3. El Patrón

El Patrón New Member

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...since you called it the equits, I'm assuming you'd take the panasonic? Any other suggestions?

4. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

we dropped equits in 01, because we were tired of the high failure rate. in a market as small as we're in, you can't sell junk. i'd hope they make better stuff now, for as much as everyone rides their sack. again though... in a market this small, we could never pick the line up again... even if it was the best, because people don't forget.

panasonic makes good solid headunits, i think you'd be happy.

around here i've never seen a return kenwood customer, they all seem to move on to different brands.

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i'm a firm believer in kenwood. great product, and most bang for your buck IMO. People always move on to other brands because they listen to the sackriders and don't form their own opinions about stuff. I always had customers that would go from Kenwood to Alpine, then be dissatisfied. But because they just dropped $350 on a new radio that did less than what they had, they wouldn't swap back.

6. Ronin

Ronin Guest

i never cared much for kenwood :dunno: dont like the design of them etc

7. El Patrón

El Patrón New Member

Yeah, I like the kenwood's design least out of the three.

I think I'm gonna go with the Panasonic. I like it the best of the three as far as function and design, and I haven't heard anything bad about them.

8. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

Indeed. Fuk kenwood... nothing about them stands out. :(

9. Ry4n

Ry4n OG Lurker

I've been extremely happy with the Kenwood I picked up probably 4 years ago. KDC-MP919. Top of the line for non-excelon at the time. Still gives me great SQ to this day. I'll be upgrading to a double-din Kenwood touchscreen next month, and unless I'm dissapointed with that, then I'll probably keep with them. (Though I'll admit I've hated the styling of all their regular headunits since the model year after mine).

10. El Patrón

El Patrón New Member

Well I went down to get the panasonic, but they didn't get the shipment in today, so they didn't have any. Instead I got the Panasonic CQ-C7303U. It sounds fucking great, I love it.

I got an Alpine 7831 off ebay, and for some reason I never like the way my subs sounded with it (although my fronts/rears sounded excellent). I've always been very brand loyal with Alpine, so I kinda thought it was just in my head...it wasn't. I don't know if that was a shitty year for Alpine or what, but my system sounds like it should now with the Panasonic.

11. El Patrón

El Patrón New Member

Now I have to go and sell my Alpine :o