Which Of These Cars Has The Nicest Interior For The $?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Dio Seijuro, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

I am looking for something around $12000, 50K miles or less. I am wondering, if there's to be a big emphasis on a nice interior, which of these would be the best bang for your bucks?

1. Camry (so this would be the pre-07 generation)
    2. Mazda 6
    3. Altima (read that the interior is flimsy, any truth to that?)
    4. Ford Fusion (nice, sure, but is the car itself good?)
    5. Hyundai Sonata

If there's other good choice that I missed here, similar kind of car, would like to know.

Is it a decent alternative to get a 100K miles Lexus IS/ES/GS at the same price?

I am not very interested in Honda/Acura, so didn't list them.

2. oakback

oakback New Member

Define "nice interior".

Good fabrics/leather? Aesthetics? Layout? Fit & finish? Electronics/adjustments? Color options? Cushy-ness? Durability?

The Hyundai might have a very cushy interior, while the Mazda may have one more fit for "spirited driving" (bolsters, easy-to-reach controls). They serve a different purpose.

3. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Altima or Camry.. The camry interior is ugly as sin, but you get what you pay for. Altima is slightly more futuristic, but it is also ugly as sin - both are decent cars though. If you are looking for a v6 version, i'd go witht he altima.

Here it's more of a process of elimination argument than anyhtign else (cause the other 3 might not be the best choice). I'd choose between those two cars and find what strikes your fancy.

4. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

Mmm for one thing when I read car reviews I keep running into comments like "it looks good but is cheap plastic and low quality interior". So I suppose I am interested in good quality fabric/components/finish, and have the actual look/layouts be secondary.

Aesthetics wise I think I'm okay with all the ones I listed.

Would be great if you can list the pro-con of each one, interior-wise.

5. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

Anything not on my list that you'd say has good interior for reasonable price?

6. northw3st

northw3st New Member

volkswagen has very nice interior for the price. especially the new golf/rabbits.

7. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

^^^I owned a VW Jetta and it had the biggest piece of shit interior of any car I ever owned. I had like every handle in the car break in my hand.

I sat in a Mazda 6 one time and it had the cheapest interior. It was like it was a Kia. I would not recommend.

8. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Dude what i would recommend is to buy a cheaper car brand new - much less headaches, warranty, etc.

9. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

The problem is, on cheaper models, interior is often the first thing that would be skimped on. I would rather drive an older but more upmarket car.

I've been driving cars with 80K+ miles for the last 8 years and didn't mind it. So I imagine a 50k- would actually feel quite fresh to me.

Like I said, I am even contemplating the merits of getting 100k+ Lexus (which is darn reliable and has nice interior) vs. newer economy cars. Honestly, for the same price, I would probably pick a 100K Lexus over a 2 year old Corolla.

10. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Would you pick a 100k lexus over a new corolla? I don't think so, i know i wouldn't. No matter how well you maintain a 100k mile car, it will need maintenance. A 100k mile lexus will have a nice interior, but it will have stains, little broken things, etc.

It's jsut my opinion, but i think the new car wins

11. prototism

prototism Guest

90s generation Lexus ES300s are nice, reliable, and relatively affordable, from what I hear.

12. Devoidarex

Devoidarex Rexversusu v.2.0

This thread doesn't belong here.

Try one of the automotive sub-forums.

13. quamen

quamen New Member

before you look any further i would seriously consider a vw rabbit. they look sweet, 5 cylinder plenty of pep, good gas and awesome interior. Better yet the warranty. I got a 07 with 14k miles on it for 13 thousand. The warranty is a 4/50 bumper to bumper, another 2yr/24k bumper to bumper because it was a vw certified, 3 years free maintenance and 4 years free towing. also the resale value is 58 percent after 5 years owning the vehicle. I really want a honda civic but nothing could touch the price, warranty and insurance prices.

People don't shop around, but the Honda was like 40 more per month im assuming because people steal them more often. My car came with heated mirrors, 6 airbags, 17" rims with performance tires, and just a shit load of other features. A Chevy cobalt with a similar warranty and options was like 11-12k, but resale,safety or performance it couldn't even touch.

14. project15

project15 New Member

I have an 03 VW GTI and the interior is great. All the buttons/radio/heating controls are easily reachable and look great. The leather feels great and the seats hold me well. Look into it, I'm sure you can find one in your price range. Don't get any VW older than 2003 though, they had electrical/quality problems.

15. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

wait for the ford fusion hybrid.....omg that instru cluster is awesome

16. gc8

gc8 Ch Ch Ch Chia!!!

Mazda.

17. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

+1 for a slightly older/used Lexus or similar car.

18. Redsand426

Redsand426 Active Member

mazda has nice looking interiors

19. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

all of those sound fairly awful interior wise

20. Snafu

Snafu more than meets the eye

Mazda 6 and Fusion have the same mechanicals.

The Sonata I rented was a base 4 cyl. It had about 13k on it but the passenger seat squeaked over every pothole I hit on my way to Atlantic City. The passenger sun visor didn't stay in the closed position. It got about 34mpg on that trip.

I also rented a Azera...that was nice. It had so many standard features. Handling was a little sloppy.

21. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I'd say the camry has the best interior, the ford/mazda next. The others are crap.

Of the fusion and/or camry though, you have to make another decision. Is your car just your tool to get to point B from A? Get the camry. Want some spirit from your econo-box? Get the fusion/mazda.

I put the fusion and mazda on the same level, they're different only in styling imho. I've test driven all these cars except the sonata (which I wouldn't immediately discredit but it has an awful looking interior imo)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  22. RedBeauty84ZX

RedBeauty84ZX New Member

If you get an Altima make sure its one of the newer 07+ models as their interior is much nicer...

Honestly though you can get a used Lexus/Infiniti/Acura for $12,000 that would be just as reliable and have a much nicer interior.