GUN Which night sights are best for shooting in day light?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

Which night sights available are best for shooting daylight? I have SigLite tritium night sights on my Sig 229 DAK and when shooting in daylight there is no focus point whatsoever on the front sight post, it just appears as a huge thick black post and does not allow for precise aiming, (don't really care about the rear sight since you don't really focus on it anyways).

I have heard that SigLite night sights while they're great for at night, they're terrible for during daylight conditions and you might as well not even have any sights on your gun at all, I experienced this first hand at the range today.

I still want night sights, but I also don't want to give up my ability to shoot in daylight like with SigLite's.

How are Meprolights, TruGlo tritium fiber optic, etc. for daylight shooting? Which will give me the best sight picture in daylight conditions?

Any opinions are appreciated.

2. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I have mepros, they are just as good as standard white-dot sights for daylight shooting IMO, and I like them. I've been looking around for a place near me that has TFOs but no one seems to carry them so I cant really compare.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

To my understanding siglights used to be made my trijicon and now are made my mepro.

I like my mepros, I hate my old siglights.

4. Accord

Accord New Member

How do I know if my SigLite's are Meprolight's or Trijicon?

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

See if you can see them in daylight? ;) The meps will have quite a bit of white surrounding the lamp, the trij are almost entirely lamp only with just a razor's edge of white.