Which motherboard should my friend get?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ZeKs, Dec 9, 2003.

1. ZeKs

ZeKs OT Supporter

Abit IS7-V OR Asus P4P800

My friend is building a computer. He is going to use a P4 2.6C GHz FSB 800MHz Chip with HTT.

He wants to stay on a budget, so he and I were wondering which to get. The Abit mobo goes for 79.99 while the Asus is 129.99 both at www.newegg.com. Both mobo's have basically the same specs..so would it be ok to get he Abit?

How does Asus compare to Abit and vise-versa? Do both companies make good mobo?

Or do you guys recommend a different mobo?

TIA

2. hondab16

hondab16 New Member

i've got a Gigabyte mobo on order from www.mwave.com . it is about the same cost as the Abit from what you're saying. actually i ordered the mobo bundle which includes a processor and memory of your choice and in the end you save some dough. i've heard good things about the Gigabyte...good support and documentation, etc which is what you want in a product like this. just my two cents....

3. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

Alot of people feel that Abit is every bit as good as Asus... I have an Abit NF7-s rev2.0 and it's great, definitely one of the top motherboards produced yet for Athlon processors.

4. ZeKs

ZeKs OT Supporter

Thanks a lot guys...

More input is appreciated.

5. pr0teus

pr0teus Guest

i've built 4 pcs based around abit boards and all are still working. however, the 4 pcs i've built are all amd proc based, not intel.

personally, i wouldnt buy anything else other than abit

6. ZeKs

ZeKs OT Supporter

:cool: I guess I'll tell him to go with the Abit..thats a good 40+ dollars he can save.