Which, men or women? Vag opinion time!!!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

For each section, choose men or women (I'd make this a multiple answer poll but people would fuck it up by voting for every answer).

Given an identical number of men and women in relationships, which sex cheats more (in other words, say you have 100 couples, will there be a higher number of cheating men, or a higher number of cheating women)?

For the men and women who cheat in relationships, which sex cheats with more partners (this question is irrespective of number. So like if only 1 guy in 100 cheats, but he cheats with 50 women, and if 50 women in 100 cheat, but they each cheat with 5 guys, then the answer here would be "men")?

Which sex is more likely to try to get laid ASAP following the end of a relationship?*

Which sex is more likely to end a relationship only if they already have another potential SO lined up?

Background: (I wanted to put this at the end so it didn't affect your answers). This thread came from a discussion I was having with a friend where I said I think that, in relationships, more women cheat than men, but of the men who do cheat, they cheat with more people. Or, in other words, a smaller percentage of the men do more of the cheating.

The rest of the questions are just things I thought of asking based on other conversations I'd had in the past.

* this question is cuz on "the View" today they said men try to get laid right after a relationship ends, compared with women who don't (shut up I don't watch the view; it was on in the other room while I was eating lunch). I thought it was bullshit. Men get angry after a relationship ends. Women seek validation (sex).

2. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

sounds about right.
    Men are more likely to fuck that cute girl they ran into vs women are more likely to have a long term cheating relationship.

depends on the type of break up, but also just the fact that women can get sex damn near instantly unless they are really fat/ugly, and even then there's someone who'd fuck them.

oh yeah, a LOT of women will end relationships only when they have someone to jump on next. Friends and whatever, talking to them one week and they are in a relationship and happy. Next thing I know they are single and within a couple days they are with someone new.

3. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I think men cheat more often, and men cheat with more partners than women. As for why, I don't really have a rationale other than it seems to be the way I've seen it happen.

I think men will seek sex ASAP after a relationship typically. I think many females are very emotionally involved in their relationships and are crushed when they end. They need time to pick up the pieces before they can be intimate with someone. (* Obviously, this depends on the type of woman/the relationship/how it ended, etc etc)

I think a woman is more likely to end a relationship if she already has someone lined up. I think in general, women are more afraid to be alone than men, hence why many women stick around in shitty relationships. I think men for the most part don't care and will end it whenever they see fit.

4. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

first 3 men, last question women for sure

edit: that being said, I think when men cheat, they cheat. There's no and, ifs, or buts about it. Black and white. HOWEVER, I think that women tend to blur the line far more than men do. So, on a technical level, fewer women actually cheat than men, but I think women have the propensity to be shady up until the point of when it actually comes down to it than men do. I hope that makes sense. So in a yes or no fashion if you asked 100 men and women if they've cheated, more men would say yes than women. But if you asked 100 men and women, "have you engaged in questionable behavior that isn't cheating, albeit a little bit of a grey area," more women would say yes.

An example off the top of my head: I have a good friend who when we go out just looooooooves attention from men. Her bf works a shit ton, is older than her, and is totally over "going out" so rarely comes. They've been together 4 1/2 years and just got engaged last week, actually. I'd say up until a few months ago, when we'd go out, she'd dance with other guys, heavily flirt and let men buy her drinks. I once asked her if her bf cared, and she said "they'd never talked about it." I then said, "That's not what I asked, do you think he'd care how you act when you go out?" She got a little awkward and said, "Probably, but we've never talked about it so I'm not doing anything wrong." :chicklogic: This all came up in the context of her being like, "It's so cool Patrick doesn't care if you dance with people." And I was like "wat... you dance with people all the time, so does XXXX care?" Was she cheating on him? No. Was she engaging in behavior that deep down she knew probably wasn't ok, but could plead ignorance if and when it ever came up [which it did, and he flipped out, and now she's a saint when she goes out]? Yes.

^

I think women pull that kind of shit FAR more often than men. From what I've seen, and in my experience, if a guy is going to be shady he's generally full blown shady/cheats or a saint, and rarely in between.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  5. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

Totally agree.

Yes, we women can go up to a guy and ask will you have sex with me? and chances are high we hear yes! However, is it what woman want to do? some do but many don't. I personally know I would not have sex after a break up for a while and having sex with some one who just wants me for sex does not give me any sense of validation!!!!

6. m3m750

m3m750 Kickin' it old school

So, from what I can tell, women think men cheat more. Men think women cheat more. That's interesting in and of itself.

7. Deborah

HAHA, Yeah girls do that.. actually I just know a very few girl friends of mine who might never had done it:eek3: Some of my friends even go on dates with guys but since they don't have sex with them or anything physical, they think it is ok! BUT, guys do that too, maybe less than women, but they still push the boundaries to some degree and justify themselves on it. My friend's now husband used to do some phone sex with a girl we knew...and I think he wanted to keep it at that.

8. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Women rationalize it. That's all there's to it.

I can't find the link, but there was a survey done in the UK (last year, maybe the year before that) and the results showed that more women cheat than men, but they are also less likely to admit it to people they know.

As far as Falconer's questions go:

#1: Women
    #2: Men
    #3: Women
    #4: Women

I read about #1 and #2 from that survey.

#3 is obvious: "the best way to get over someone is to get under someone." Also, +1 to what Diesel66 said.

#4... again, obvious.

9. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I think asking people what they think the answers are isn't a good indicator of how it really is.

10. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

How in the hell could we possibly know the answers to these questions? Don't know about you, but I don't know enough men or women to make a generalization like this (and I know quite a few people). :dunno:

This is one of those discussions that you're better off not trying to figure out or reason through because what you decide in these questions will affect your beliefs about either sex. And why woud you want to generalize beliefs about either sex and have a list of preconceived notions BEFORE you meet any individual?

And it's not like knowing or speculating the answers to these questions will give you a deeper understanding of relationships or men or women.

11. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Basing this solely on my friends, men are more likely to cheat. Are more willing to cheat with more people. Are out trying to get laid the second their relationship is done.

Women have someone else lined up by the time the relationship is done.

I'm basically the only one of all my male friends that "doesn't have the balls to cheat". I'm finding it very hard to think of guys I know that haven't cheated on their girlfriends. Which is kinda sad

I can only think of 2 girls that I know cheated, though they'd be less inclined to tell me their cheating, the guys like to brag.

Almost every single girl I know except for the very independent/strong ones ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS are dating someone within a week or two of breaking up regardless of how long their previous relationship was.

12. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

This is something I'm noticing with the women in my life too.

13. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Women cheat more than men. They're just better at hiding it or justifying it.

14. Deborah

What kind of cheating do you mean here? for some flirting is cheating for some just penis getting into vagina...!

15. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Given an identical number of men and women in relationships, which sex cheats more?

Equal.

For the men and women who cheat in relationships, which sex cheats with more partners?

Men.

Which sex is more likely to try to get laid ASAP following the end of a relationship?

Most women move on faster and try to get attention from someone else. I don't believe that their goal is to get laid though, it just happens because of hanging out with a new guy.

Which sex is more likely to end a relationship only if they already have another potential SO lined up?

Women. Without a doubt.

16. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Flirting leads to cheating.

17. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

but is it actual cheating in your eyes?

18. Deborah

Not necessarily. I guess I can flirt, but anything more than that (physical stuff) would make me sick to my stomach if I am in a relationship already...

19. ForgottenSpiral

It depends on the kind of flirting. There is a big difference between the casual flattery kind of flirting and the verbal sex kind of flirting. :rofl:

20. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I like to flirt. But, when I'm in a relationship I know where to draw the line. Like FS said there's a difference between casual, every day flirting and verbally sexing each other. :rofl:

And, if my man wants to innocently flirt with chicks, go right ahead. I'm not insecure.

21. Deborah

:werd: as long as he is not doing it in front of me or doesn't come telling me about it, I'm ok with it!

22. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Am i the only one who gets instantly frustrated that every time I click a falconer thread the first post always looks like a fucking novel?

23. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

haha.. I don't even care if he does it in front of me. I know who he's coming home with later that night. :naughty:

24. ForgottenSpiral

:rofl: Or how about every time I see an Anonymous thread and I know it's going to be a freakin' wall of shit with no cliffs?

25. Deborah

lol, well I'm not that secure. I think it is disrespectful if he flirts in front of me or flirts with my friends and girls who know me.