which is worse?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by glass, Jun 23, 2007.

?

lesser of two evils?

1. to cheat on your SO

63 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. to steal someone else's SO

33 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. glass

glass New Member

1. to cheat on your partner
    2. to take someone else's partner

(of course, taking someone else's while cheating on your own takes the cake.)

2. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Most people who are together don't have any business together, and are together for stupid reasons, but are too chickenshit to break it off and find someone they're better with.

If you're cheating on your own SO, it means you're a chickenshit who couldn't just end it, and instead you screw someone else over emotionally. Very bad.

If you're cheating with someone elses SO, it means that person isn't doing their job, and the person you're with is either too chickenshit to break it off with them, or is in the process of doing so. A much better alternative, though not quite 'good.'

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

It is your responsibilty to maintain your commitments to your SO. It is not your responsibility to make sure someone elses SO is doing the same.

4. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Your poll is confusing, because the topic says "which is worse" and then the poll itself says "lesser of two evils"

5. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Oh wow, he's right, what the fuck?

6. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Cheating on your own is worse out of the two but I still don't think that helping someone cheat is justified because it isn't your relationship.

7. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:stupid:

8. glass

glass New Member

whoops! sorry.. shite, should've seen that.

now i'm gonna ask everyone who voted to explain his/herself to be sure.

9. Sometimes it's just too easy to steal someone else's significant other.

10. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

To me, it really depends. For the most part, based on my observation, people are together for sex and companionship and in many cases really don't work when it comes to personality. But they don't leave the relationship because of that immediately, normally they ride it out as long as they can until they can't stand it then break up. If you meet someone with an SO that isn't at all right for them, and you and the person are extremely well paired, wouldn't you say that pursuing her is the absolute best, and really only option? Yes, when you met her, she's taken, but EVERYONE is taken. There's a big difference between a meaningful relationship and the relationship 95% of people are in. If you have something special, why should current SO situation matter?

That's my outlook anyway. I wouldn't outright cheat with someone, but I'd pursue them and tell them that if they want to be with me, dump their SO. Which really, to me is pretty much cheating without sex (Which many of you know I don't put much stock in), but again I'm perfectly willing to do that if I think, realistically, that me and the chick have a chance at something special. It all depends on the situation.

Cliffs- By saying all forms of cheating are scum, you assume that all relationships are in some way meant to happen and need to last, which is simply 100% not true.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  11. HouseLing

HouseLing When masturbations lost its fun you'r fucking lazy

12. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

Cheating makes me so uncomfortable in general... I've seen two movies (Last Kiss and Waitress) this year that were very good but I couldn't end up liking because I just don't understand cheating at all. If you want someone else, tell your SO, go have your fun and deal with the consequences. If you don't want to, or don't have the balls to, then don't cheat. But that's just me... I would never forgive a cheating SO.

DA

13. Scoy

Scoy Franky says relax!

your poll is retarted. you ask which is worse in the title, but label the poll which is the lesser of two evils.

poll failure

14. Abomb

Abomb New Member

being cheated on is one of the worst feelings a human being can experience. therefore, I would say both are equally horrible. no matter which one of the two options you do, you are going to knowingly hurt another person for no real benefit to your own life.

15. glass

glass New Member

yep.. the poll failed, but i think i (and most of us) can see what the consensus is.

16. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

i think the worse is for someone to cheat on their SO

but then again to steal someone from their SO is kind of shady too...because if they cheat with you they will cheat on you

17. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

stealing someone's SO is worse to me, because it shows that you don't have respect for other people's relationships. If someone likes you more than their SO, then it is up to them to end their relationship and pursue you...but as long as they are in that relationship, you have no justification to TRY to make them break up with their SO.

18. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

19. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

if their relationship is rotten to begin with and if they are in it for the wrong reasons i think that's a good enough justification

but you are right...that person themself should stand up and end the relationship

i've been there before and it damn hard to make the person you care about leave their SO :o

20. Well then, next time you have a gf I'm going to tell her to cheat on you so you see how painful such an experience is.

21. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I never said that the other choice was a great thing. Both suck, but she asked which was worse, and to me, actually DOING a bad action yourself is worse than having one done to you, because you can control your actions.

22. I can control my actions, but to get another guys girl can be a game to me. To not cheat, shit, if I don't want to, I won't simple as that.

23. di3soft

di3soft Guest

I said stealing some one SO, even though i despise cheaters, happened to me a few years back was in love with this girl and this fuck stole her from me, needless to say haven't spoken a word to her since then

24. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

And in reality, people need/want stability

You: Want a relationship with Chick for reasons X, Y, Z.

Chick: In a relationship with Nameless, might like you, but unsure whether your relationship will work or not, has a safety net with Nameless, they're together and not going to be breaking up any time soon unless she does it.
    Nameless: Some dude.

All of life is an exercise in selfishness, you are what matter the most, are you telling me that is you think a relationship would work with the chick you wouldn't pursue it? Are you telling me you expect her to just dump her b/f before anything real happens between the two of you? People aren't like that, they like stability, she's only going to dump him when she knows you two are going somewhere. And to get to that point, you enter territory that is 'cheating' to some people.

25. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Cheating

/thread