Which is a overall better bike?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by cgprelude, Nov 5, 2004.

?

Which bike is a better overall bike?

1. SV 650S

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. YZF 600R

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. cgprelude

cgprelude New Member

SV650 or yzf 600r? I think im going towards sv since it weighs less and looks better once mod with full fairings(which makes them priced the same after mod)

2. cgprelude

cgprelude New Member

sorry my two posts were seperate, dont know how that happened but i wanted this to be with the discussion. Still wana see how the poll ends up though :)

3. oakie

oakie my ninja.

if this is your first bike, get the cheaper one so you dont have to spend as much fixing it after you drop it.

if you dont drop it, consider yourself in the lucky 1% of riders who have never dropped/tipped over/or otherwise put the bike on the ground with just the tyres.

4. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

I can't comment on the yzf, but my friend has an SVs, and It is definately an awsome bike to look at. The weight is carried low so it is very easy to ride, and the seatig position, well at least for me, is very comfortable for long rides.

5. cgprelude

cgprelude New Member

well i have taken a class on how to ride and i have riden my brothers bike(ninja 250r) some, probably 2hours total ride time :/ i dont have much experience but enough to drive around in traffic and not get in to much trouble, taking twistys fast is another subject.

Basicly i need to decide if i should buy his 250 off him or just buy a faster bike. Im leaning towards the SV if i do, athough sorta scared of its reputation as the "wheely king" haha

6. acedanger

acedanger I'm a lover, and I'm a sinner

SV. vtwins rock.

7. Orestes

Orestes Guest

my buddy picked up a 2002 sv650s and i probably have had more seat time on that bike than he has. i've had my 2003 yzf600r for close to a year now. the sv is a great bike. in the twisties, it's definately more fun than my bike because its so light and flickable. but the yzf600r's full fairing, extra weight, much higher windscreen, and banana seat is so much more comfy if you do a lot of highway commuting. imo, the top end rush of an inline 4 is more exciting than the linear power delivery of the vtwin. it really felt like i wasn't accelerating much on the sv when i would go WOT, so commuting around town is better on the sv. in terms of looks, i honestly don't care much for the looks of the yzf600r, i love the looks of either gen. sv650s with the belly pan fairing. if i had to do it again, i would've just gone with the r6 in the first place. but if your choices are limited to the yzf600r and sv650, i'd go with the yzf600r.

8. Orestes

Orestes Guest

oh yeah, check out www.yzf600r.com
    awesome group of people over there. they might be able to help you decide :)