Which head unit for ipod intergrating

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by owenstar, Feb 8, 2007.

1. owenstar

owenstar New Member

I have seen some of the killer new 07 lines using usb and other methods (not requiring a huge box) to transfer/play songs through your head unit...

Obviously Alpine and Pioneer lead the way in ipod formats....

I basically want something that will control my ipod with the headunit...give the best audio sound...but look cool too...so ease of use > everything else

I have a 2002 nissan frontier....its got a big spot for any size deck...

What unit would you recommend? and why?

I would like to keep it under 600

Thanks

2. james330i

james330i Imported Redneck

I have a Pioneer Premier 880PRS with the 2nd generation IPOD interface.

Sound is fantastic, but it does take a while to scroll through your entire song list. (One could make more playlists for easier navigation but I'm just lazy)

I realize the interface has its shortcomings, but it works well for what it is. As long as you update your playlists, you should be fine. It's getting to those old unused songs that you never listen to or don't have in any playslists is what takes a while. (assuming you have a huge library ofcourse)

I really don't expect ANY 3rd party interface to be as fast as the IPOD itself so....

3. owenstar

owenstar New Member

I am a shuffle and go type of guy....I usually only put songs I wanna hear in my ipod anyway

So a total random or artist random (flavor of the day) is usually enough....but that may change, so the best features possible for my future tastes is the route I would like to go

Pioneer seemed to have some nice decks, I am just not technical enough to understand all the mumbo jumbo

4. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

bluetooth head units will be the new hotness soon :x:

5. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

I've got one of the Alpine's in the wife's car, and I have yet to find a better iPod integration than that. Alpine's full speed cable just rocks.

6. lightsareout

lightsareout New Member

the alpine lineup has some nice units with ipod integration. i have the older 9855 with the ipod connection and absolutly love it

7. owenstar

owenstar New Member

what decks are you using...which cables?

I am really interested in the newest stuff....hoping a dealer or someone in retail would have some answers