GUN Which gun to choose???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jc_smith, Mar 1, 2007.

1. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Right now I'm stuck between three handgun's. I REALLY want a Glock 22, but I can't find any one around my area that is selling one.

However, i have found someone who is selling a Sig SP2340(.40 S&W) for $425. Comes with two mags and has only had about 300 rounds through it.

The other person is selling a Berretta 96FS for $424 also. Comes with 3 mags, one 11 round, the other two 10 rounds. Has had about 7-800 rounds through it. I really like the berretta. it's a really sexy gun IMO(he has different grips though, i dont like the stock ones too much).

So what do you think? Should i just wait for a glock, or are these other guns any good? This is mostly just for range shooting, but will be kept at home for defense too.

thanks

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

They're all quality guns. None of them really fit me and what I like in a gun all that much. Get the one that fits you best. If you really want a glock, get it. Can you buy new, if so a g22 should be quite easy to get.

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Try out those guns in the caliber you want. Don't jump on one just because you want one now, hold off until you can get the one you want, that way you won't regret it later ;)

4. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Well I'm only 19, so I'm stuck with FTF deals in Florida. can i just go to any gun range and ask to rent all these guns to see how I like them? How much does it usually cost to rent a gun? I only want to shoot maybe 10 rounds at the most for each gun to see how i like it.

5. nolecdt

nolecdt New Member

A lot of indoor ranges tend to have shops that will rent out a handgun to ya. I know of one in Broward County if you happen to be in that area at all.

6. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

the price for that beretta is too high, especially for that round count. i've seen NIB beretta 92fs's for $500

7. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Pictures of Berretta:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.40 S&W

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I kinda figured thats what was going on, but it was worth checking.

Call around to some indoor ranges and find which ones rent guns. The ones that do will have a selection of guns to rent (you can't rent what they're selling as new). You will usually have to buy their ammo to ensure that you're not running reloads or something in their guns. Locally I rent handguns at $5 as a member of my range, nonmembers would pay $10, we both buy their ammo. I'd shoot a mag or two if you can. Some guns its going to be hard to find as a rental and you'll be doing good to hold them before you buy. That sucks and sometimes you get something that you just don't love. My p226 is beautiful, but I just don't like shooting it.

9. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

I shot my friends Beretta last weekend. MY 226 was smoother but the 92 had less recoil with the same rounds...maybe because it was heavier. Try to see if there are any CPO 226 anymore. I got mine about a year ago nearly unfired for $500

10. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

I had the Beretta 96 and it sucked ass, don't get it.