Which Flash MP3 Player?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jerky1280, Sep 21, 2003.

1. jerky1280

jerky1280 Guest

I want a small flash mp3 player I can take running and to the gym (need an armband), as well as listen to on my motorcycle. So far I've narrowed the field down to these three:

Samsung Yepp YP-55
    iRiver iFP-390T
    Nomad Muvo NX

I don't know if I need any extraneous features (never owned a one before), but I like the equalizer options on the Yepp. I've read that the iRiver doesn't have a very high volume - I don't mind as long as it's loud enough to hear on my motorcycle.

2. manixc

manixc New Member

Go for iRiver, unless Samsung is much cheaper.
    As for volume, I think that can be solve by using a Low Impetance headphone.

3. picabu

picabu I like pie

Check out the MPIO FL100 too. Doesn't come with an armbard though, but I think you can buy one from their site.

Has equalizer, is expandable to 384MB with a SD card.

4. dka

dka Go Big or Go Home

the iRiver is niiice. If you are willing to spend that much money, go with that. I have the rio s35s, use it for the gym and running and i am very happy with it. It does all i need it to do for a little over $100

5. jeck

jeck New Member

best buy has a current promotion. 10% off an iRiver purchase. have you ever seen the RCA lyra? it has an expandable slot so you can have more than just the set number of mbs the yepp has. if the models youre looking at already have expandable slots, then good work. the reason why i suggest an expandable slot is because im sure youll get annoyed when you wont be able to store all the songs you want in your player. the lyra has an expandable slot that can read the highest sd card available. its about half the size of an altoid tin. ... i think its a little smaller than that too.. but yea. it runs off a single aaa battery and has really good sound. its easy to use and i run mine nonstop. i bought it a month ago and i use it all day when im at school. i run through a battery in about a week an a half. the box boasts 4 hours of play time... but it gives you more than that. and it comes with an armband too so you can use it while you workout or run and shit. the only setback is it isnt 2.0 compatible. still, it only takes a couple minutes to transfer files anyway. but yea. youre considering some good items, but i wouldnt overlook the lyra.